[HELP] Dispute for $5,000.00 USD defective merchandise

Benji123
Contributor
Contributor

Need some advice on pending paypal dispute. Trying to make this short and understandable. Bought merchandise, was defective, credit card dispute timeframes passed, opened dispute in paypal ($5k), paypal said to return item to china and disregard Fedex message that this merchandise could be held on China customs. Returned shipment cost was 670$.

Merchandise been stuck for a month on clearance delay in Guangzhou tracking shows “Description provided is insufficient to classify commodity” “Shipper or Importer must provide a more detailed description of goods.” “Schedule delivery pending”

---

I provided Fedex with everything they needed to the best of my ability. They said there is nothing else I should do just wait.

—-

Received an email from Fedex notifying me, Dear customer. Along with saying hello, I inform you that the shipment in question is pending customs clearance at destination, since additional information is required from the recipient Mr. X 00000000, requested to abandon the merchandise because he cannot provide the requested documentation. Please confirm if you want it to be abandoned or returned with a charge to your account.

—-

I talked with paypal and they told me to send them this email. Paypal said they will decide the case in 24hrs but 24hrs have passed and its still pending

—-

Talked with Fedex and they told me if I also abandon the merchandise the tracking will show “Shipment Refused by recipient”

—-

So I need advice on what should I do? I am already down $5.6k. If anyone knows if I should abandon it and if that will help or what to do (merchandise is worth nothing since it already defective) Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Benji123
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.