HELP CLOSING ACCOUNT

JimJ69
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

So I have been a PayPal member since 1998 when they started. I have always just had a person account, and recently I wanted to try building an online business, but changed my mind. I am not able to make any changes to my account and it has been limited, they are asking for some personal info such as my utility bills and drivers licence. 

I have no reason not to give them this info, however I feel that it is an invasion of my privacy and don't see why after been a loyal customer with them for over 20 years why they would bother me at this level now? Its weird. 

Anyways, I emailed them and politely asked their customer service to simply close my account. They did not comply. I went in and tried to close it myself, and their bot called my phone and I entered in their 4 digit security code, and it still didn't close. Again, their actions do not make me feel very good about being their customer.

There is about $50 dollars in the account too, been there for years. I don't use Paypal much any more except for shopping and due to their behavior now I want to close my account and move on....

Any suggestions and help with this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much

sincerely

Jim

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JimJ69 

Sadly you can't close a limited paypal account, paypal stop you doing so until you have resolved any issues.

Also you can't close an account with a positive or negative balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JimJ69
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for taking the time to let me know this info. 

Its so frustrating to call PayPal, I tried numerous times to deal with this issue on phone calls, ever to a supervisor. They want me to scan and send personal ID and I do not feel comfortable with this demand and it feels like an invasion of privacy and harassment. 

As noted in my request for help post, I have had my old paypal account for over 20 years, so why do they need verification now? Anyways, so I understand this more, my account is now limited, and I cannot close it, sounds to me like I am a hostage to PayPal? Wonder what the media would think of how they treat their long term loyal customers?!? 

Anyways is it possible for a senior staff member to call me and review my account, and close it down please so I can move on from them...

thanks again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.