HACKED, FRAUD ACCOUNT

jjacksonjr45
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so I got  a text this morning from paypal asking if i authorized 3 payments of 200$ each. I replied no. I got worried so i took a look in my account. It looks like somone added a discover card to my account and sent all three payments to the same email!! I opened a dispute and paypal is reviewing it. I then called discover to see if an account had been opened in my name with my social. They assured me that i do not have an account with them. I do not have abank account, I do not have a credit card. All i have ever had is a prepaid card linked to this account. And ther is no money on there.  It was not my card that was used to make those unauthorized transactions. I just want to know what happened. I just dont want them to close my account over this

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jjacksonjr45 

Its obvious what happened if you didn't do it. Await PayPal's decision and appeal to have it reviewed, if necessary.

To contact customer service for further assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jjacksonjr45
Contributor
Contributor

I hear you. Im  am just worried because i handle alot of business with paypal.Ive heard plenty of nightmare of accounts being restricted or closed down because of stuff like this. Or they could do worse and decide in favor of the criminal. I hope their review is swift and just.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.