Gx Information Technology Co., Ltd DEATH STAR FIRE PIT

mkb74
Contributor
Contributor

Who else has been scammed by this company operating on FaceBook?  They advertised a Death Star fire pit and I bit.  Instead, they shipped me a yellow watch, about the cheapest watch you can find.  PayPal refuses to refund me because hey! I got a watch!  Calling Paypal and my CC company tomorrow and filing with Ohio Attorney General and Facebook Fraud tomorrow as well.  I found one other on here so far that got hit with the same scam, but they are in the UK.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

pangus
Contributor
Contributor

They advertised a Death Star fire pit and I bit and ordered 2.  Instead, they shipped me yellow watches, about the cheapest watch you can find.  Contacted paypal customer support, talked to Rico and he assisted me and said paypal would agree to my disputed claim of items not as described or significantly different.  Customer service agent said paypal would issue me a refund.

Paypal needs to suspend any affiliation with this company in the future 

Login to Me Too

Princessbride
New Community Member
I totally fell for it, and was doing a deep dive tonight trying to get my money back. I have the same exact story as you, however, I did not link the cheap watch I threw out- because I thought it was a scam- to the Ford pit I am missing until right now! Ugh. I’m so mad!!!!!
Login to Me Too

pangus
Contributor
Contributor

Read your post tonight 8 Feb. This is what i did ,  Call PayPal customer service by phone,  Tell them what has happened and if you were to return what they sent you it would cost more than what you paid the company at time of order.  Tell PayPal that what you received is significantly different than what was originally described. 

This took me about 12 weeks,  PayPal customer service representative was very helpful in my case.  And yes PayPal should discontinue any association with this company.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.