Grill/Smoker Scam

Housekeeper63
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed by a fake website "selling" Pitboss Smokers/Grills. It looked very much like a legitimate website, and after using Paypal to send the money to them, (ordered 2 grills on 2 separate invoices) I never received any shipment at all. On the first one, I did receive a tracking number for an envelope they say was delivered at/in my mailbox. (First problem, my mailbox is not big enough to fit any sort of smoker and/or grill into, and second problem is I've never seen a smoker in an envelope) but since PP received a fake tracking number from the scammers, they immediately closed the case. Secondly, the USPS is not in the business of making detailed letters on letterheads stating that there is a scam. So this case was immediately closed as soon as the scammer provided the fake tracking number. For the second order. there was never a tracking number issued; supposedly PP sent them an email, (which I was never privy to), and supposedly, the scammer answered it with some sort of lie, but that case was immediately closed also. I have not received any money back from either one of these scams, and consequently, I am DONE with Paypal. HINT: If you are on a pitboss website, make sure it does NOT have "-USA" after the "Pitboss" and before the .com. That would be a scam website. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.