Great White Shark Network Technology Ltd

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

The clue is in the company name - Another scam company.  I ordered a Breadmaker from an ad on Facebook from a company called DOCUFRE and the receipt came through as this company Great White Shark Network Technology Co., Ltd.  Tracking and shipping provided.  I tracked the Breadmaker to the uk and when it finally got to my house it wasn’t a Breadmaker.  It was a 3” x 1” plastic eyeglass cleaner worth about 50 pence.   No other tracking.  I have raised a dispute with PayPal.  The company contacted me.  I had to read it a couple of times because I couldn’t believe their cheek.  So they are saying They will give me a 25% discount on a plastic eye glass cleaner worth 50p so that equates to paying £22.50 for this 50 pence glasses cleaner and if I don’t want it sell it rather than send it back to them as that will cost me money and time,  And then re-order the Breadmaker!  Well they can get stuffed.  They are another scamming company.  Hopefully I will get a full refund via PayPal.  I have the envelope and plastic crap item as evidence so I won’t let them get away with it.   All I can advise is that when contacting PayPal via the message centre - persevere and bombard them with emails and wait.  

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.  I just found this.  But the only way to contact them is via the message centre and it can take a few days for them to reply.    Explain to them about the scam, you may need to unlock the account to get it sorted.  
What should I do if my account is locked?

If your account is locked, it usually means we need some information about your account or recent transactions. Please contact us, and have the following information available so we can confirm that you own the account:

• Your telephone number.
  • A statement for the credit card or bank account linked to your PayPal account.
  • The email address you used to register your PayPal account.:
Login to Me Too

Lynn4pr
New Community Member

This whole GWSHT has evolved to another level.

I first got a message like yours from Paypal saying my account was suspended for suspicious activity.

And what was the invoice??? It claimed someone had used my PP account to purchase a breadmaker etc.

But Paypal was suspending my account. . 

Then a few hours later I get an email telling me to correct the issue and reset password - so thinking

it was Paypay I went through the prompts - stupidly without thinking as was multitasking.

It wanted my Date of Birth, CC security code and a few other things but fortunately at the final screen the

I got a warning for a fraud site. Felt so dumb - and just assumed. So now the CC is getting changed, turned off etc.

Any other suggestions are appreciated as this fraud group is determined.

I know better but was just too tired and not thinking clearly.

But the Scammers are using the scam to double scam folks. Hope they get caught and dealt with soon enough.

Login to Me Too

Mike1215
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal don't seem interested, I've complained that they are still letting this company scam people, paypal should be ashamed, they are not protecting the buyer and letting this fraud company get away with it. And Paypal, if you ever read this, refund me because I'm not sending back a crap item to an address in China I don't know where. Under distant selling regs I have no obligation to return an item I didn't order so get your act together paypal.

Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor
Hang in there. I finally got my refund. I know of many others scammed from buying through Facebook ads and all these are Chinese companies trading under different guises. I kept the packing envelope and plastic crap and took photos to prove the item I purchased was not delivered. It took from 4th May to when I submitted complaint until 26th June for PayPal to send me a refund. Have you contacted bank and asked them for a “chargeback”. That may be a quicker way than waiting for PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Ian-A
Contributor
Contributor
I've just received my tracked 'breadmaker' a small plastic package which I haven't opened as it's obviously NOT a breadmaker, I guess my first point of call will be PayPal resolution centre although the bank charge back option would be easier, but how does this work as they just show up as PayPal on my bank statement? Do they just reclaim the money back from PayPal? Or do I have to prove who it was that was the scammer? TIA
Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor
Message your bank and ask. It took 6 weeks for PayPal to resolve and you also have to allow the seller to settle the dispute which they won’t. If you put in a PayPal dispute submit it as item not as described rather than item not received because the scammers have produced a tracking ref to show it’s delivered. Don’t put in a fraud case as PayPal will dismiss it and close your case and then you Start the battle of reopening it. I’ve been there and done it all but my claim has now been settled. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

Ian-A
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for taking the time to reply, I've started the resolution case through PayPal first as hopefully, the more people that do this the more PayPal will recognise that this company amongst others is taking the p.ss, but I will also contact my bank. PayPal said they have until 11th July to respond I'll see what their reply is and proceed accordingly! Will keep you posted. ATB, Ian
Login to Me Too

Mike1215
Contributor
Contributor

I hope Paypal see this. I got scammed and Paypal put you through so many hoops it's stupid. Paypal, YOU are actively assisting Great White Shark Technology co., to scam your customers. YOU should freeze any funds this co have with you and permanently ban them from using Paypal ever again. If I didn't rely on you for paying other outlets I buy from I would not use you again. 

Login to Me Too

Gdutter
Contributor
Contributor
Scam. Fraud. Reporting to Face Book, Pay Pal, and BBB.
Login to Me Too

Johool

I had The exact same thing happen, down to the stupid eyeglass cleaner. I thought PayPal protected us from scams like this. Good luck getting a refund. I sure didn’t. I was so stupid I let my complaint that I filed with PayPal expire and I cannot reopen a new one. Seems like Paypal protects the scammers and screws over the innocent customer. I’m going to look into filing a complaint through a federal agency that investigates consumer fraud. I’m very disappointed in PayPal and will not be using them again. I hope you have better luck but since they sent you the ten cent glass cleaner and aren’t returning it I wouldn’t expect it if I were you. Really it’s not worth the aggravation. At least now I can stop expecting a delivery. Jan Olivas  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.