Great White Shark Network Technology Ltd

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

The clue is in the company name - Another scam company.  I ordered a Breadmaker from an ad on Facebook from a company called DOCUFRE and the receipt came through as this company Great White Shark Network Technology Co., Ltd.  Tracking and shipping provided.  I tracked the Breadmaker to the uk and when it finally got to my house it wasn’t a Breadmaker.  It was a 3” x 1” plastic eyeglass cleaner worth about 50 pence.   No other tracking.  I have raised a dispute with PayPal.  The company contacted me.  I had to read it a couple of times because I couldn’t believe their cheek.  So they are saying They will give me a 25% discount on a plastic eye glass cleaner worth 50p so that equates to paying £22.50 for this 50 pence glasses cleaner and if I don’t want it sell it rather than send it back to them as that will cost me money and time,  And then re-order the Breadmaker!  Well they can get stuffed.  They are another scamming company.  Hopefully I will get a full refund via PayPal.  I have the envelope and plastic crap item as evidence so I won’t let them get away with it.   All I can advise is that when contacting PayPal via the message centre - persevere and bombard them with emails and wait.  

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor
Just contact PayPal via the message centre with your transaction is and PayPal dispute is. You may get a virtual agent and all you have to do is say “I wAnt to speak to an agent”. Then it will allow you to write down what you want and an agent should get back to you but be prepared to wait for a few days as it’s slow.
Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

just keep messaging PayPal with the transaction I’D and say that due to the Covid pandemic you were unable to respond In time.  It’s worth a try.  Yes, it’s shocking considering the complaints that they are allowing PayPal to be used as a platform for fraud.  

Login to Me Too

Johool

I had the exact same experience right down to the stupid plastic glass cleaner. I had filed a complaint against Great White Shark but due to the virus and the problems we’ve had with deliveries and them responding to my messages I allowed it to lapse. I really believed that anyone selling using PayPal as the intermediary was legitimate but I was wrong. It appears PayPal is protection for the seller not the buyer. Their rule that once a claim has lapsed the buyer is out of luck is not a policy I would expect from them. I realize it is not a large some of money and the fact that they are an Asian country makes it impossible to get restitution. I do feel PayPal is responsible considering the sheer number of people who have been duped. There was another add from this seller for the same bread machine a couple of weeks ago. Both when I purchased the bread machine and when I saw the ad I saved it on FB thinking it would be added insurance should it not be on the up and up but evidently they only run 5he ad a short time  wh3n they run it and then they take the page down and it disappears on your saved items. I would like to see LayPal offer a resolution for us but I don’t see than happening. 

Login to Me Too

PARKWOOD28
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

The same thing has happened to me. I received an eysglass cleaner instead of the breadmaker. I am waiting for PayPal to act on this

John

Login to Me Too

Mike1215
Contributor
Contributor

Just received this from the scammers... "

04:16 (2 hours ago)

to vaida77,  chloeparsons1992, , adele1980, montered24, annequinn5, traceywalker266, dlsgc33

Dear customer,

Thanks for your support and concern on our store.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. The refund has been issued you complain,but your money is frozen and we cannot refund it.If you do not withdraw your paypal complaint, we will not be able to refund you.Please let us know if you cancel your complaint and money takes two days to reach your account. If you are unable to receive the refund until last day, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to help you solve the problems.

Highly appreciate that if you could leave us a positive feedback with five stars.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Beth "

What a load of absolute **bleep** sorry but these scammers want prosecuting

Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

What a con!  They haven’t sent an email to me.  I told them I wanted a full refund but received nothing back.  PayPal will claw the money back for you hopefully, otherwise if you paid by bank debit card you can raise it with your bank and get a “charge back”.  Can’t believe they have the cheek to ask for a positive review!    My dispute through PayPal is in a queue waiting to be reviewed.  

Login to Me Too

Mike1215
Contributor
Contributor

same here! poss 18 june for resolution . The b chinese are having a field day courtesy of paypal

Login to Me Too

Hazel2020
New Community Member

I was not scammed, simply because I NEVER MADE A PURCHASE. All of a sudden I get an email from paypal international informing me of the charge for a breadmaker. There was even an address for delivery. I have not yet seen the charge come up on either my PP account or the card it was attached too. I also IMMEDIATELY took out the card from my PP account. So there is nothing for them to charge it too.  I did a background check on the person who supposedly bought the bread maker and it comes up as a 70 year old man. 

Login to Me Too

magicmood
New Community Member

I just received the same type of email "supposedly" from PayPal asking to verify a breadmaker purchase from Great White Shark.  Similar to your email, the shipping address recipient is a 75 year old man in Michigan.  I did not make the purchase and based on some of the spellings used in the email, it looked even more questionable.  I forwarded the email to PayPal's fraud department via spoof@paypal.com.  As yet, my paypal account does not actually reflect a charge.

Login to Me Too

M_ATL
Contributor
Contributor
I got an email from PayPal saying my account needed to be secured. The purchase (bread maker from this same Shark nonsense company) wasn’t made by me but the email has the person’s shipping information. I’m locked out of my paypal (haven’t used in years & I’m using my girlfriends account to write this) so I don’t know what to do?!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.