Great White Shark Network Technology Ltd

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

The clue is in the company name - Another scam company.  I ordered a Breadmaker from an ad on Facebook from a company called DOCUFRE and the receipt came through as this company Great White Shark Network Technology Co., Ltd.  Tracking and shipping provided.  I tracked the Breadmaker to the uk and when it finally got to my house it wasn’t a Breadmaker.  It was a 3” x 1” plastic eyeglass cleaner worth about 50 pence.   No other tracking.  I have raised a dispute with PayPal.  The company contacted me.  I had to read it a couple of times because I couldn’t believe their cheek.  So they are saying They will give me a 25% discount on a plastic eye glass cleaner worth 50p so that equates to paying £22.50 for this 50 pence glasses cleaner and if I don’t want it sell it rather than send it back to them as that will cost me money and time,  And then re-order the Breadmaker!  Well they can get stuffed.  They are another scamming company.  Hopefully I will get a full refund via PayPal.  I have the envelope and plastic crap item as evidence so I won’t let them get away with it.   All I can advise is that when contacting PayPal via the message centre - persevere and bombard them with emails and wait.  

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pip58 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because......

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  The complaint submitted is item not as described and it clearly is not what was ordered, so I don’t see how any argument could arise from the fact it isn’t what I ordered.  We will see how this pans out in a couple of days.  I have replied that I want a full refund because they haven’t provided me with the item I ordered.  As this is another scam I will message PayPal about it so they are aware of their tricks as I have done with yet another Chinese scam company. 

Login to Me Too

Mike1215
Contributor
Contributor

I have also been scammed by Docufre T/A Great White Shark Technology, via Facebook. Have you also complained to Facebook. All the best 

Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mike.  Yes as soon as I received this stupid plastic rubbish they sent me and noted that there was no further tracking for the Breadmaker, I submitted a dispute for goods significantly not as described.  I purely chose this option because I realised that If I said goods not received the Great White Shark would have provided tracking details stating goods were received (albeit not the correct goods).   I have had an email from the seller suggesting that I keep the goods in return for a 25% discount of what I paid.  Considering this is a 10p xmas cracker item, I’m damned if I am going to pay £22.50 for it.  I have replied and said that I want a full refund because I did not receive the Breadmaker and the item they sent is not a Breadmaker and neither did I ask for it or want it.  If they want it back they can pay for the return shipment.  Looking at PayPal Buyer Protection as I paid via PayPal credit, I hope I will eventually get a refund.  Today I have messaged PayPal and asked them to escalate the case as is my right as the seller has not resolved this within a 20 day period - I was just in time for this.  I suppose lessons learnt - no more buying from ads on Facebook and even google ads can’t be trusted as I got scammed before by a company called Abiluff but I got a full refund for that one.   I’m making bread by hand now - better quality bread and I can recommend Paul Hollywood recipes!  Thanks for replying.  Hope you get your case sorted. 

Login to Me Too

Mike1215
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that. I've told "Cassie" from Docufre aka Great White Shark that I've reported the scam and asked fasebook to blacklist them. All the best

Login to Me Too

rmc6179
Contributor
Contributor

Not happy to hear you all are going through this as well but glad I can hear your stories. I just received a recipe for a bread-maker from Great White Shark Network Technology Co., Ltd. and I did not even order a bread-maker or anything from Facebook recently! Especially a bread-maker, I'm on Keto and can't eat bread! (crying inside lol) I will file a dispute for sure. Wish you all the best in your attempt to get your money back. @Mike1215 did you also actually order something similar to @Pip58 ?

Login to Me Too

Mike1215
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I ordered the same as Pip58! I've had 2 emails from Docufre or great white shark, pleading to let them reimburse me 80% or 90% of the price but to get that I'd have to cancel my paypal claim, so they would then not bother reimbursing me and I couldn't then reopen the claim. I told em no reimburse me 100% and then I'll drop paypal claim! Not heard anything back!

Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

In the Activity section the dispute says “adjudication reason” and then states “seller has issued full refund”. But it doesn’t appear in my account and PayPal are still reviewing the case with an expected resolution date of 26th June.  Looks like yet another email I need to send to PayPal.  They really don’t make things easy do they! 

Login to Me Too

Mike1215
Contributor
Contributor

No paypal should be on the side of the buyer but they don't seem to be. I'm trying to find a way of sending more info, because the "seller" has been trying to get me to accept a partial refund if I cancel the paypal case which I've told em definitely not. But I want to inform paypal of this but can't find a way of doing it in the resolution centre! All the best

Ian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.