Got scammed... provided tons of evidence, seller still won.

Rest4
New Community Member

Ordered items on the 23rd October ; items meant to be sent within 7-14 days.

Made a complaint on 10th November ; items not delivered, found out company was a scam from other buyers.

Shipment not even postmarked until the 27th November - 34 days after purchasing, only after paypal had asked for proof. 

48 days for a decision with no other interaction. Still had not received the items on the 2nd January. ( 10 weeks after ordering).

In hospital after suffering miscarriage; had to have surgery so have not been able to check emails as much.

Allowed only 3 days to reply.

Finally received items. Meant to be sea glass Christmas tress; instead fake plastic trees. 

Sent proof of purchase email. What items were meant to be like. Other buyers who had received different items from same company. Images and a statement from the original designer of the items showing that there was no way this company could have copyrited her work. Email from the seller saying items had been sent on the 18th November( didnt get sent until the 27th). 

It was a large shipment and has cost my business a lot of money!

What can I do now? What are the next steps to complain to paypal?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rest4 

If the item not received dispute is still open then CHANGE it to not as described and make sure you have activated the below link in case you have to return for a refund.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

If the item not received dispute is closed then contact customer services to change the dispute type, they don't always agree as normally its 1 dispute per transaction but you can but try, if that fails then did you fund your Paypal payment via a credit card? If so see if they can help you?

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.