Got scammed on ebaykleinanzeigen.de and paypal report option is only Unauthorized Payment

dericderic
Contributor
Contributor

2 days ago i purchased secondhand product from ebaykleinanzeigen.de, a few min after purchase, i try to accidentally found a user that sells with the exact same pictures i bought. So i asked the seller if he is the same person and why are you still opening the product in auction. Unfortunately, the seller said it's not him who sold on ebaykleinanzeigen.de. And i noticed the scammer used the exact same pictures, title and description as this seller on ebay.de does. From there i knew i got scammed. I paid him through paypal family and friends. And that is my mistake. i was using paying with credit card. But if i still haven't receive the product for at least a week. Can i still report that the packet is in fact does not come?

I saw on internet that paying through paypal family and friends is for sure i won't get my money back. But they said that the least possible option is to contact the bank that you are paying with credit card, which i did went to the bank today and asked them about this case and their response is they cannot do anything since the credit card is only a bridge to paypal. And their recommendation is to wait paypal to response and if there is no solution, i should go to the police and maybe they can do something with the payment with credit card.

I did go to resolution center on paypal and send a report, but its only option is only Unauthorized payment (which is so stupid), which i had no choice but to choose it, and like expected, the case is closed since they didn't find anything related to unauthorized payment. And i tried to report this person again, but it says that the case has been opened with this person, so that leave me nothing to report. So what should i do now? Should i wait at least a week, to make sure that 'the packet does not come'? And how can i can report to paypal?

I tried searching on google about reporting a scam on paypal. but almost all the links on google directed to paypal website which says the page isn't available. So why paypal are deleting this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nnguyen1
New Community Member

Any update? I got myself into the same situation.

Login to Me Too

dericderic
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, first thing i'm gonna be straight forward it's not gonna be easy. You should NEVER pay by Paypal Family and Friends. I got very lucky base on my case. So i will tell you my story. So after i got scammed, i immediately go to my bank office and told them my situation and with a hope that at least bank can do something about it, since i was using credit card to pay Paypal. So hoping that the bank can stop this transaction immediately. Firstly they said that i need a paper from Police stating about this crime, and then bank can step in to help. So, i went to the Police Station, trust me, at first they don't care about me since it's totally my fault using Paypal Family and Friends. Until i told the police officer that this is more than crime, since the scammer (in my case) is using someone identity to scam me. (the scammer showed me a person's ID card digitally, which is why i trusted him thinking who is actually showing his ID card to people?) Long story short the police decided to help me and i finally got the paper i needed and showed it to the bank. The bank immediately helped me, and told me a warning they can possibly get the money back by stopping the transaction, but the only downside they said i could have a problem with Paypal, by means my account could be blocked or something (which in fact still working until now apparently). Then i just need to sign some paper about this agreement and few days after i got my money bank. So, your best bet is if you paid with credit card with your Paypal, there is chance you can get your money back if you act immediately. Go to your bank office told them your story. If they told you to go to Police Station first then you should try your best to explain what is going on or if you got any proof, just screenshot all and print it, so that the police officer has a better idea. If your case is just simply got scammed by unknown scammer whom you got little to no hint about, it would be hard to tell to the police. In my case there is a name in that ID card, i tried to search in Facebook and talked with the guy, and he was the first one who got scammed, and he told me that police contacted him multiple times implying that many people got scammed using the same method. So there are multiple people involved. P.S. If you don't use creditcard that means your money was immediately sent to the scammer. And i think you might need to contact more to Paypal for that, which i'd say really hard, since the rule is to never use Family and Friends unless you know the person you are sending money to. Anyway good luck with your case.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.