Got scammed - help?

KristyRoma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I purchased a ceiling star projector which never came, instead we received the 2 discs that were supposed to come WITH the projector - my fiance signed for that, so now the scammer is using this signature as evidence to PayPal that this item was delivered and signed for. 

I've opened a dispute which is now being reviewed by PayPal, but I can't find a way to send them another message explaining that the signature was for 2 small discs that don't even work without the projector. I found the site on Facebook and after not receiving the item, I got worried and read some of the comments, ALL OF WHICH are about people getting scammed out of their money and receiving nothing. 

Can anyone help me get my money back? I really don't want them to get away with this. 😞

The seller scammer's name is below:

@SHENZHEN <Removed> INTERNATONAL LOGISTICS CO.,LIMITED

Kind regards,

Kristy x 

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

Boomer59
Contributor
Contributor

I also got scammed by this company and have found many other people through Facebook who have been scammed the same way. I have lost a total of $95 and took out a dispute with Paypal which was closed today with no result. As there is no way of updating a dispute on Paypal, I have tried emailing , phoning and messaging them without any success due to the COVID19 situation meaning that their customer service team is currently unmanned.

I am about to contact the Federal Trade Commission and report the problem and invite anybody else to back me up.

Login to Me Too

Jonny1415
Contributor
Contributor
I think PayPal are in cahoots with this company. When I complained they said they couldn’t continue unless I filed a formal complaint with a police agency. I did that so they said send it back (at my expense) for a refund which I’m still waiting for. The FBI need to investigate PayPal themselves.
Login to Me Too

Olwyn1
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a oversink dishrack , what I received was a small wire basket. I contacted the seller :   PPY Foods , first they ignored me, then when I told them I had reported it to Paypal, they said they were checking my order.  The shipping or courier company is also  SHENZHEN INTERNATONAL LOGISTICS CO.,LIMITED. I have reported it to Paypal and escalated it to a claim so not sure what will happen.  If you look at the site for either of these you will see that nowhere at all is there any address or phone numbers. Look at your package - again no company even or return address's. PPY are offering me a 30% refund only, saying it would cost me over $30 to return the item, I have requested an address almost a half dozen times with no success.  I think seeing that Paypal have had so many complaints now about these companies they should disassociate themselves with them completely and refuse to pay them on our behalf. I am also going to let Ebay and facebook know about this. We should flood all social media sites with these names and warn everyone that they are scammers.  IMG_20200518_191646.jpg  This is the so called oversink dishrack they sent me. 

Login to Me Too

Hansvooys
Contributor
Contributor

I have been in contact with PayPal service many times but my claim is rejected every time because I have not a tracking How can I send it back it was not from China and the addresses are fake.

Also they don't respond when I write that they look on this community.If PayPal helps these criminal Chinese, they are not much better.

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding your closed claim case PP-D-60005235

We have reviewed your appeal in case PP-D-60005235 and we cannot change decision in this case.

The decision was made because you did not provide the tracking details we requested.

We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction.

Transaction information:

Dispute Case ID: PP-D-60005235

Transaction Amount: 24,98 USD

Dispute Amount: 24,98 USD

Transaction ID: 2GG534391C021024C

Transaction Date: 24 February 2020

Yours sincerely,
Roman <removed>
PayPal

Login to Me Too

DWadeFan
Contributor
Contributor
You do have to return the item with tracking. It will cost you more or nearly as much as the item cost! PayPal declines my claim too so I contacted my credit card company and initiated a dispute. The PayPal suspended my account. They finally fixed that problem. Credit card company gave me my original purchase price back but that was a few dollars less than the shipping back to Hong Kong. I did it for the principal of it. They continue to get away with this! I’m furious with PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Boomer59
Contributor
Contributor

I also sent the article back at my expense and the company refused delivery of the parcel so it was sent back to me so I ended up another $20 out of pocket

Login to Me Too

DWadeFan
Contributor
Contributor
Agreed! I’m starting to think PayPal set this forum up to allow us to vent, but with no intention of listening to those complaints. It’s not easily to get around, but I’m avoiding PayPal whenever possible. They need to step up here.
Login to Me Too

Olwyn1
Contributor
Contributor

If I have learned one thing here, it is our job to check into the suppliers, read all reviews, check on scam sites before buying. I take ownership and responsibility of not doing this but it taught me to do it in future.  

Paypal is not responsible for these scammers and they try their best to help us.  SO PLEASE ALL OF YOU CHECK EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU PAY, it does not matter if it is Paypal or a debit/credit card, CHECK FIRST. 

I do hope in time that Paypal will withdraw their support of these companies and refuse to have their name as a link to pay for goods on these sites. 

Login to Me Too

Jonny1415
Contributor
Contributor
Almost certainly. Much easier than them actually doing something about these scammers.
Login to Me Too

Lyddii
Contributor
Contributor
Me to they are fraudulently company and pay pal need to remove them some how ! I ordered an automatic ball launcher for my dog and paid $23.00 Usd and all they sent me was a tenisvall that I could have got locally for less than a $1 so when I filed a claim they said to return the good witch I am happy to do but they want me to foot the bill for $19.00 postage back to China!!! This is a rought and a scam and I am not please at all the PayPal’s version or “settling a claim” what a joke !!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.