Got scammed - help?

KristyRoma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I purchased a ceiling star projector which never came, instead we received the 2 discs that were supposed to come WITH the projector - my fiance signed for that, so now the scammer is using this signature as evidence to PayPal that this item was delivered and signed for. 

I've opened a dispute which is now being reviewed by PayPal, but I can't find a way to send them another message explaining that the signature was for 2 small discs that don't even work without the projector. I found the site on Facebook and after not receiving the item, I got worried and read some of the comments, ALL OF WHICH are about people getting scammed out of their money and receiving nothing. 

Can anyone help me get my money back? I really don't want them to get away with this. 😞

The seller scammer's name is below:

@SHENZHEN <Removed> INTERNATONAL LOGISTICS CO.,LIMITED

Kind regards,

Kristy x 

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KristyRoma 

You filed the wrong claim! A seller of course will win an item not received claim with proof of delivery. If you received something that is not as described, you file a Significantly Not As Described claim.

Please contact customer service to change the reason for claim:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

b_green
New Community Member

I tried to dispute. Paypal says that it didn't qualify because they did ship _something_ and it wasn't unauthorized. Shipper playing dumb in this bait and switch, I order $30 item and they send me a $1 item not even close to what they advertised. No one would respond at PayPal. Seller keeps telling me it would cost $20 to ship it back.

I'm done with PayPal for me, my business, and EVERYONE that I know will hear how little PayPal cares for the buy side of their transactions. I just threw out 14 PayPal CC swipers. Goodbye forever.

Login to Me Too

KristyRoma
Contributor
Contributor

So what happened with me is similar - I disputed my claim and selected 'no item received' however they had sent me some disc that was useless and my partner had signed for it. All you have to do is contact Paypal via phone - I couldn't find a way to change your dispute reason on the website.

Once I got through to a person, they changed my reason to 'item not as described' and I got my money back! 

You should do the same!

K

Login to Me Too

Jonny1415
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar experience. They advertised a tool plus plastic bits but only sent the bits.  I complained to Paypal and they updated my claim reason nd too and froo'ed between me and the supplier a few times.

Now they have sent me an instruction to file criminal charges against the company with the police or other agency. If I don't, they may decide against me.

Not sure which way the wind is blowing.

Login to Me Too

horning001
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is not willing to help. I filed a dispute for $195 in useless product with hundreds of complaints about this company and they did nothing. They seem to protect these scam artists who advertise on Facebook.
Login to Me Too

preventfraud
Contributor
Contributor

DId paypal ever help you? Or did they allow this widespread fraud to continue? I see a lot of people with issues like this, and I don't see paypal doing anything to help.

Login to Me Too

crisco111

Same experience.  I ordered 'two luxury camp chairs' and in return got two tiny folding stools (each big enough to rest one foot).  Of course they offer a refund if I ship this junk back to China -- and no doubt then I'll just be out the shipping cost as well.  

When you order and use your credit card, the bank/card company back you up.  Paypal does nothing and still lets these companies operate.  I'll only be ordering via credit card from now on.  Paypal is a rip off.

Login to Me Too

Vickie62
I ordered first alert smoke/ carbon monoxide smoke detectors. Bait and switch! Recieved cheap 2.00 prices of junk. Now the company wants me to pay to send them to China for a refund! They were mailed from NY! Pay pal has been off NO help at all. I will not pay to send them anywhere. I was scammed and pay pal should see this with all the complaints on this company.
Login to Me Too

DWadeFan
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal continues be an accomplice to this scam. I’m trying very hard to no longer use PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.