Got scammed for a Ps5!😑 and pay pal will not refund !😑

Staciemouse
Contributor
Contributor
So the site seemed legit for the short time I was on it and the links it took me to PayPal for the item. As everyone knows. Ps5 are impossible to get right now and I didn’t have time to back out or refresh the screen. I entered the item in my cart and entered my pay pal info. As soon as I got the confirmation email I knew it was a scam and started to do my research and I researched the actual website which was psproonline. I immediately asked them for a refund and haven’t heard back. Then I asked pay pal for a dispute and they are denying it!! Wtf. Can’t they see that this site and email is a scam and it’s all over google?? Please help. My boyfriend is ready to kill me because I used his card
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Staciemouse 

Which dispute did you open?

I doubt you would win for non receipt of item if you had just ordered the item?

And you wouldn't open one for received but not as described if you hadn't received it?

So all that is left is unuathorised.

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal your account was hacked and the transaction made by a person other than yourself? So paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close it if it showed you did make the transaction...........you are allowed x1 dispute per transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

916husled
Contributor
Contributor
Nearly identical situation once I figured out it was a scam it was to late however I may just have to be patient because I understand if they don't ship anything to me then they don't get paid witch is what I thought PayPal was for I've actually never done any transaction thru PayPal before this and I'm usually really on guard about buying online but seeing PayPal was involved kinda put me at ease I hope Im not wrong with my asumtion
Login to Me Too

Temp20201216k
New Community Member
Did they ever help cuz I have an item that should've been shipped nov 12 and haven't heard squat.
Login to Me Too

Temp20201216a
New Community Member
They start hitting your account up for gift cards. My purchase was 470 and bank said they tried to take out 700.00 (4) times in a row then got the 470
Login to Me Too

melroze44
New Community Member
Exact same thing happened to me last night!! I thought PayPal was supposed to protect your money from fraudulent companies. I understand them not approving the refund if you change your mind, but the fact that a non-legit company portrayed themselves as legit and PayPal is not covering it is ridiculous!!
Login to Me Too

Davisolinger87
New Community Member
Same thing happened to me but on Etsy. The store on there had ps5s for a Christmas deal. When I went to purchase it, it brought me to PayPal and I paid for it. After the payment went through the store shut down and my order was cancelled. I spoke with etsy and they told me it was valid for a refund but that I would need to talk to PayPal. I tried doing a dispute and they denied it. Nothing has been shipped and I'm out $525.
Login to Me Too

Temp20201216a
New Community Member
Got me for 2 ps5 digital deluxe special edition for $238.00 a piece. Immediately contacted PayPal. This happened 4 hours ago. They just emailed me saying I made a legit purchase. After they emailed me asking if I tried to activate my PayPal account from a state on the other side of the country. I cancelled my bank card and denied the transaction. Pay pal saying I gotta pay. They don’t know who they **bleep**in with. I have zero sense and do not give 2 **bleep** about consequences when it comes to my money.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.