Got scammed by shaw academy uk

Erdemerkoc
Contributor
Contributor

So i started getting photoshop course with a free membership for a month by shaw academy.( Started march 1) So after 25 days i thought i should cancel my membership cuz i might forget to do it before they charge me so i went to their website and i wasnt able to cancel it. I tried on their app and it didnt work as well. I found out that i had ti callthem to cancel it and thats what i did, and she told me bunch of new classes new discounts even tho i told her that i wanted to cancel. After 15 mins she told me to mail them to cancel my membership and i didnt quiete get where i was supposed to mail my cancellation. So i messaged them on whatsapp to cancel my membership because when i first started they told me that i could reach them by whatsapp and i have the evidences. So i asked them to cancel my membership at March 26th but noone canceled it i think and they charged me on march 29th. I went on their reviews by other customers, they do have lots of 1 stars and bunch of rages in their comments, everyone had the same problem. They charged me for 69.99 cad

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

Seran123
Contributor
Contributor

I've had this exact issue! They should really be shut down and I can't believe that Paypal allows transactions through them. The only reason I even use Paypal is for protection against scammers, I guess that's not the case.

Login to Me Too

Krisitooo
Hey the same just happened to me! They are completely ignoring costumer rights , I’m so furious!!! Did you get any response from the customers rights office?
Login to Me Too

LeahS88
Literally same thing has happened to me! Any luck on a refund?
Login to Me Too

LizardB
Contributor
Contributor

I had something similar, though I got scammed about 2 minutes into being logged in to Shaw academy for the first time for my 4 week free course. I noticed that 29,95 € had been charged from my PayPal account. Turns out I must have clicked on a wrong link, which made a one click purchase for a toolkit that I did not intend to buy. I've been back and forth with the customer service and they insist that I do not have any right to cancel the unauthorized purchase. I've started a claim here on PayPal and wonder if I'm best of escalating the issue already to PayPal. Did anyone have Shaw Academy issue the refund themselves or did you all have to fight for your rights? 

Login to Me Too

Cf154
Contributor
Contributor

Have you had any luck with this? I'm in a similar situation and the touch screen let me down but no two step verification

Login to Me Too

marciayyos
Contributor
Contributor

I'm afraid I can't complain on ODR because I don't live in Europe 

Login to Me Too

zealousidealbag
Contributor
Contributor
Alternative is to log a complaint at BBB.org - please follow instructions to log the complaint. Self explanatory. Good to add here Shaw Academy Student ID (as well as the Ticket number from Step 1 mentioned in link) to help link the complaint to the case and so Shaw Academy know who to refund.
Login to Me Too

ShiraB
Contributor
Contributor
They charge me at the moment that I gave them paypal nom,,, I cancelled the membership in 10 minutes, and have bill on 65$ on my credit card. I don't know what to do,,,, feeling stupid… I really need my money back… and will never do this mistake again.
Login to Me Too

Jatupon

same thing happened to me contact shaw academy and paypal within 10 minutes after I registered, dispute the charge as unauthorized and got no refund,

paypal closed my case and now I can't dispute the transaction anymore 0 help from paypal they side with scammer.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.