cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

Contributor

Re: Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

I got scammed by them too!  They did respond to my email & offered a 15% refund if I keep the item & if I send it back AT MY OWN EXPENSE they will refund my purchase price.   paypal has not responded to my dispute but based on my other recent experiences with them I'm not holding my breathe!!!   I think in the future I will do my business elsewhere....paypal doesn't seem to be very dependable anymore either!! 

THIS IS CRAZY, the exact thing happened to me. Such a scam.... they list the black at a lower price, but it appears the only difference is color and black is cheaper. Luckily, I filed a dispute and they agreed to refund 25 of the 27 dollars i spent. Now I see why... they have probably had hundreds of disputes filed. And i'm **bleep**. Because I really wanted that iron 😕

I was also scammed by summer eye co. Ltd. I wanted to return the product for a full refund but there is no return address. I wanted the 2 in 1 curling iron but received just a cheap, black straightener. I will donate it to Goodwill. Someone may be able to use it.
Contributor

I was going to donate mine, too, but today I read someone used theirs and got the biggest ELECTRICAL SHOCK! I just threw mine away.
Contributor

Me too! I stupidly tried to use the black iron and got a MASSIVE electric shock! Seriously, much bigger than any kind of shock I've had before. DO NOT TRY TO USE!

Contributor

Thank you for telling us!! I was going to donate mine to Goodwill but after reading this, I threw mine away.
Contributor

Great! And all PayPal told me to do is return it at my cost, of almost $40 with no guarantee they'll reimburse shipping, which would at best be up to $30!! Way to protect your customers PayPal. I will never order through them again or any online ad again! Amazing they can get away with an illegal bait and switch!!!
Contributor

I also saw the Mestar 2 in 1 hair curler device on facebook. I got scammed too! The company had two different names Ingll and LiJ Co. I thought I would have an open and shut case with PayPal because I provided them with the "video" link off of facebook and pictures showing what I ended up getting. The box it came in didn't even match the Mestar-- there was a picture of a hair crimper on the box! Basically in order for you to get a full refund from PayPal you MUST send the item back to CHINA first and provide PayPal proof with the tracking number. And that's usually where it ends-- no one is going to pay MORE than the amount of the refund to ship a piece crap back to them. But that's PayPal's policy. 

Contributor

Well I must have gotten lucky because I got 100% refund from Paypal without returning irons. I provided pictures and links to bogus ads, too. I was told originally that I HAD to return the irons to China when Paypal first responded to my claim online. Not only pay to ship, but WITH TRACKING which would have cost over $100 to get a partial refund of $30. I was very upset, so I CALLED Paypal customer service and they pulled up my account and looked at my correspondence with seller. Next she told me she had been scammed before, too, and refunded me and said I could do whatever I wanted with the irons. I suggest you call and keep calling until you get the result you want. Good luck!
Contributor

Wow, I did all of that too and PayPal insisted I had to return the item. Now I'm suck with a piece of junk. I'm going to try calling them again. Thanks!