cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

Highlighted

Re: Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

SummerEyeCo scammed me US22.95 for super elastic stockings. Claimed to be indestructible. Ripped at first try. Money back guarantee denied, stupid email responses only. Do not touch anything they try selling.
Highlighted
Contributor

I wish I had seen all this before I got sucked in!! I tried to dispute through my credit card company (who had no trouble contacting them, even though I couldnt reach anyone!) THAT went no where!! Credit card company wanted a letter, on letterhead, from a simular business detailing WHY the product was not as ordered. Guess how far I got trying to get another vendor involved...!! Nope!! And really, WHY would they? I figured the credit card company could see for themselves that a '3 in 1 CURLING IRON' IS NOT a CHEAP **bleep** $5 'flat iron'..... doesnt even make sense.... but they didnt. Now I am out the $40 I paid for a cheap FLAT IRON when I already have STRAIGHT HAIR!! SO UNFAIR that they can get away with this!!
Highlighted
Contributor

I bought it on November 29 through PayPal but my card. It is December 23 and I have heard nothing. I haven't received anything either.
Highlighted
Contributor

Nah don’t hold your breath for it. I have escalated my case to the top and paypal did not sharpen their pencils to sort it so it’s just easier to think you lost the money in a train to Busan lol.
Highlighted
Contributor

Yeah I'm not, but I'm going vto contact Facebook and find out why they are allowing people to be scammed out of money. No product has ever been sent. This give fb a very bad name.
Highlighted
Contributor

But why couldn’t Paypal stop them from using them? Obviously there are too many of us who complained about this particular company and yet they don’t care less!
Highlighted
Contributor

I don't know I used my CC but it went through their PayPal not my PayPal so I can't even dispute it cause it shows no transaction on my side. This company is one big huge scam n it looks to me like it has been going on for a yr! SMH
Highlighted

Im trying to get in touch with paypal. Why can’t they read all the complaints from this fraud company and shut it down already? I am trying to have paypal give me my money back but they want me to get in touch with the seller, but obviously it’s also a fake email.
Highlighted
Contributor

I would give it another month honestly I think going through customs is making it harder cause we had sanctions put against chins so I think that was the problem. I bet you receive it soon I bought mine in November and just got it!
Highlighted
Contributor

Dont hold your breath!! I got mine, like alot of people - but it was a CHEAP, $5 FLAT IRON - NOT what I ordered! The hassle to get my money back was nothing but a run around. Chalked it up to a LOSS of $40!!