cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

It took 2 months to get mine but is was the 2 babies n 1 it is big round on top and flat on bottom and the bigger side goes to the right. So it's not like a flat iron I got it the one I ordered. I hope you get it figured out. Betty
Highlighted
Contributor

I paid extra for faster shipping and it still took over a month. I opened the package and it wasn't what I ordered which was the 2 in one straightener/curler. I have e mailed customer service about this and now they want pictures, order number etc. Really frustrating
Highlighted
Contributor

Oh no I'm sorry to hear that. They are stopping all shipments now from China. I just had 4 orders money returned to me. Because of the coronavirus, which I wouldn't want now, however 22 states in America now are infected with the virus! Becareful! You can find my YouTube as I report on the virus. <removed>

Highlighted
Contributor

Did you get a refund?
Highlighted
Contributor

Same thing here. Ordered a a Mestar 2 in 1 curling flat iron and received a cheap Ruida flat iron. They are trying to tell me it's the same product and won't refund. Paid with my debit card through paypal thinking I was covered. Now what??
Highlighted
Contributor

I found online at the https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2015/10/reporting-international-scam that you can file an international claim for scammers at http://www.econsumer.gov/. That's my next step if they won't refund my money. And I'm not going to drop dispute to get my money, and I'm not going to pay to return ship. Good luck everyone! Spread the word!
Highlighted
Contributor

This just happened to me too! Just opened a dispute. I did contact them and they emailed back. I did get a plane flat iron. But nothing like the ad looks like. I followed an ad through my words with friends app. Sad. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Got scammed as well! Please contact PayPal and file a dispute, if they receive enough negative feedback this company will no longer be affiliated with PayPal!
Highlighted
Contributor

Ugh same. They told me I ordered the wrong one since I went with black.
Highlighted
Contributor

Me too!!! They sent a junky black straightener, not what was pictured ( a nice 2-in 1 curler/straightener rivaling the expensive Tyme iron) I ordered! I returned it to the California address on the package because I wanted a refund, but after that “summer eye co” via email says I need to pay to return it to CHINA?! This was also my first time having to dispute a transaction with PayPal and I am VERY disappointed. They contacted the Co. then messaged me to return it to China! PayPal did not protect me from this scam artist and seems to have sided with summer eye co 😞 YES This is a scam fraud and ridiculous! Like are they in this together?! I will not use PAYPAL again!