cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

New Community Member

Re: Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

I too purchased the iron. I thought PayPal was here to help us against scams. Since there are so many complaints why don’t they refund us our money and shut them down. There shouldn’t be any payments going to China.
New Community Member

I was also scammed by this company. I ordered the two and one curling iron and they sent me the straightener instead. When I tried to dispute it and tell them they sent me the wrong product they said I selected the black one and that’s what I received and that it’s also a curling iron. It’s just a black straightener with no curling capabilities. I tried showing them the picture and the name of the product I agreed to purchasing...two in one curling iron and they said they cannot help me.

https://www.econsumer.gov/#crnt File complaints with whomever you paid with (Paypal or credit card), and keep calling if you don't get the answer you want. I also gave you the link above to file a complaint for international scams (FTC). GOOD LUCK AND BE PERSISTENT!!

I was also scammed by the Mioob facebook post for a 2 in 1 straightening iron. I just reported it but have been unable to contact the company for resolution as the only email listed is invalid. I am furious and hope something is done about their trash website and products.

@Tabitha1990 Did you open a case with PayPal? That made it easy to start communication back and forth with the scam company. They'll try to tell you that's what you ordered or offer 15% refund, etc (they want to keep PayPal off their backs). Just tell them those options are unacceptable. You'll have to then call PayPal to actually get your money refunded but the refund took place immediately when I called and they told me to keep the terrible cheap flat iron or give it away.

I just opened a case through PayPal and the confirmation email mentioned if it was not resolved to contact them for further assistance. Hoping the seller will make things right, if not I will definitely be calling PayPal directly for a refund. Mine wouldn’t even close properly it was so cheaply made. Makes me so mad....

If you paid by Paypal, file a claim. You do better calling Paypal than online. Same thing if it was a credit card. Dispute it regardless on Paypal to document.

I’ll do that, thanks for the info!Smiley Happy
New Community Member

Where do I get the number to PayPal
Highlighted

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call