cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

Contributor

Re: Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call
Contributor

<removed>

Contributor

The same thing happened to me, but with some cameras for the car. I contacted the seller, spent 20 days, Paypal closed my case and now they say they can not help me. If so many people have had the same problem, I do not understand how Paypal has not taken action on the matter.

This happened to me as well. I bought the 2 in 1 that is supposed to curl my hair without me having to do the curling. It is supposed to be curved on one end. They sent a cheap black hair straightener - not at all what was described in the photos or video. It also only has an on and off button no feature to change the temp to 4 different settings as advertised. I reach out to the company and to PAYPAL after seeing all of these reviews. Super annoying that they have not been flagged already with all of these similar complaints. 

Re: Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron as well

This happened to me as well. I bought the 2 in 1 that is supposed to curl my hair without me having to do the curling. It is supposed to be curved on one end. They sent a cheap black hair straightener - not at all what was described in the photos or video. It also only has an on and off button no feature to change the temp to 4 different settings as advertised. I reach out to the company and to PAYPAL after seeing all of these reviews. Super annoying that they have not been flagged already with all of these similar complaints. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron as well

In the end Paypal did not solve my problem. Luckily most of the money I paid with my credit card, and my credit institution if it will interfere with me. I do not buy anything else through Paypal.

Contributor

Same here. I spent almost an hour on the phone to hear the same thing repeated over and over “their policy is to refund money when the item is returned” and “we can offer a $30 credit towards shipping cost but you would still pay out the extra amount to return the item for a refund” ughhhh seriously it doesn’t make sense why they won’t do anything. Luckily I called my bank right after my pointless conversation with PayPal and they resolved the issue in less than 10 minutes. They refunded my money and are going after the scam company. My suggestion is to call your bank if you had it linked in the account since PayPal obviously does not care to protect its customers.
Contributor

That's great you got refunded!
Contributor

I ordered the same 2 in 1 curling iron and it came from Bell, CA. I have reached out to pay pal and the company said I can return for a full refund. The shipping address to send to is in China and will cost me $109 to send back.... So the company said that they would only give me 15%back. This is bull. They are responding to my emails so I'm going to threaten them. Maybe that will work.
Contributor

Hello,

the same thing happened to me, I bought the gold iron, took forever to get it then it was defective, it won’t even turn on. I emailed them for the refund and they want me to take a video of the broken item, which i did. After which they want me to send the item back at my expense and that if i want a new one, buy again. That is when I contacted Paypal to help with the refund.  Only to be told by Paypal that I need to send the product at my expense. If this has been happening, I wish Paypal stops endorsing this company.  Why do you even want to be associated with a company that scams people.  This summer_eye Co. Ltd. should be prosecuted for scamming people.  I am disappointed with Paypal as well.