cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

Contributor

Re: Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

I just received mine!! So mad right now I wish they would ban them! Or at least if we pay thru PayPal let us see negative feedback!! I wouldn’t of bought it!
Contributor

I also got scammed I recieved a cheap black flat iron. Totally not what I ordered. They offered a refund but I had to send the item back to China, bearing in mind it was delivered from UK, I have opened a dispute through Paypal disgusting that they can keep getting away with this!!
Contributor

This is my problem exactly!!!!! I ordered one straightener/curler, received some lame and cheaply made piece of garbage with no functions and the plug had doesn't even stay in socket!!!!! Now I am supposed to spend money sending it back?!?!?!?! I wrote Paypal and said I couldn't believe they were siding with these sleazebag liars. Beware of Ashy Snow!!!!!! and beware of Paypal standards slipping

Highlighted
Contributor

Don't let it go. CALL PAYPAL until you get a refund[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]Call, call, call UNTIL you get someone that gives you your refund without having to ship it back. Paypal online told me I was required to ship back WITH TRACKING to prove they received the return. To China would cost over $100!! I called twice and got my refund immediately. Good luck!
Contributor

Hey. I just spent a half an hour on the phone with three different people on the food chain at Paypal and was finally hung up on because , well, I was getting mad. Not swearing but I basically said they just have men dealing with these calls because men are less likely to care or be swayed(just a generalization because I was literally at my wit's end with these inane conversations). I was and am furious. I repeatedly said that the company that they are taking the side of, by working with them and taking their "return item" stance is a fraud and are using other people's photos and videos to bait and switch the product/consumer. They all had pat responses about their return shipping cost program, ($30.00 maximum hah!) program, how they understand my frustration, how they are not allowed to discuss their relationship with this company(Huang Company). How can it be that they are basically siding with the seller by demanding that the buyer who is the victim of a bait and switch and to add insult to injury, a defective item to boot, should now have the delightful task of paying out of pocket to ship a pice of junk back to China where they spent a about a tenth of a cent to produce said item, take photos of the return label, etc.  and hope that the item arrives and is taken note of and then you get refund and perhaps you are lucky enough to have the shipping cost under the maximum coverage? Sorry for that run on sentence but my I am so mad right now, I can't be more concise. I also said that I know for a fact that analytics of some sort are generated to monitor these sorts of transactions, problems, disputes and refund requests and that I know I am not the only one calling about this situation and Paypal's infuriating handling of this problem. Of course they said they can't discuss anyone else's accounts with me, which is not what I was wanting but I do want to know if they are receiving other complaints. So, I guess I am stuck with this piece of crap because I was getting so mad and had stopped listening to their boilerplate bullish*t(sorry)--they most likely given me a demerit on my record....haha Who knows, I might call again. I am certainly no longer using them for many of my transactions and I will not be referring them to friends or anyone else. Paypal's new policy? Buyer beware....

Contributor

Update: The product finally arrived AFTER I complained to PayPal. But it was the wrong product. I changed my dispute with PayPal to "product not as described". Communicated with the company via PayPal message and they offered 15% back (like $3?). I said no, I want the 2-in-1 curling iron. They said they were out of stock. https://daddyrecommend.com/products/90-off-last-day-promotion2-in-1-mestar-iron-pro?variant=19952286... They were still selling that very item on their page (which they have since taken down and moved to another page).   I called PayPal because PayPal messaged me that I'd have to ship the product back (to China) to get my $25 back. I had to explain to 2 people that they need to shut down this scam and I wanted my $ refunded. They refunded the money, They assured me they would shut down this scam. Guess what popped up on FB today https://mioob.com/products/2-in-1-twist-straightening-curling-iron?fbclid=IwAR06Shrr1RjFAvhEgcL0rhl5...

And this folks is why I won't buy through PayPal anymore. There's a reason why this China scam is not using Mastercard/Visa! Visa/Mastercard is tough on scams like this and you get your money back so fast if there's an issue. PayPal puts it onto the buyer to prove and move so slowly, that the company will just keep changing their URL and name---and put the proof onto the customer. I'm sure they've duped thousands of people, sending them a $10 cheap flat iron. Scroll down and see that they say they're selling the same item on Amazon for $190. Yeah right---it's even LESS on Amazon (and Amazon is much nicer about returns than PayPal!) https://www.amazon.com/Curling-Straightening-Adjustable-Temperature-Suitable/dp/B07M9K74C7/ref=sr_1_...

I've concluded that PayPal is for sending money to friends (actually I prefer Venmo), NOT for buying things. If the only checkout option is PayPal--it's probably shady.

Contributor

Thank you for the helpful info. Yes i think this is my last time to use paypal. Time to change!
Contributor

Ugh. My comment about my interactions with Paypal was taken down. So, long story short. I talked to three different men regarding the bait and switch of item and the ridiculousness of having to pay shipping costs to China that might be equal if not more than the refund one is requesting. I was so mad, not swearing but i said that they have men doing this because they can be less swayed and care less about finding a real solution--I know, gross generalization but I am furious, what can i say. I repeatedly told them that I paid for one item and got another(cheap, no functions ) and and to add insult to injury, the plug just slides out of socket, so defective too!  Paypal is nothing but inflexible, boilerplate responses when it comes to this scam. I said I know they are doing analytics  of all transactions and disputes, and that I am not the only one with this exact problem with this company(Huang Co. Guongdong, China, aka Ashy Snow) to which the reply is that they are not at liberty to discuss other accounts, blah, blah. They brought up their paltry shipping reimbursement program which from what i have read, does not cover shipping to China for many people. $30.00 hah! ridiculous. The whole situation and Paypal's handling of it is infuriating. They are siding with the scammers and their new policy seems to be, "buyer beware". People use them to protect them and their purchases and I really felt safe for many years using them but I think they are sliding backwards r perhaps they just feel like it's just too much money to do what they claim they are here for. I am disappointed and saddened that they are now handling these situations in this dismissive way.

Same here! No where on that site did it say you were getting a plain black flat iron that is crap quality. Everything said 2 in one twist styler. The company refuses to fix it and now I’m out the money. I guess I’ll try to dispute with my bank from here.
Contributor

The same thing happened to me. I don’t think I should have to pay the shipping to return this cheap thing to China. I hope someone shuts them down so they can’t scam others. Bait & switch is what they do to everyone.