cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

I was also scammed by the Mioob facebook post for a 2 in 1 straightening iron. I just reported it but have been unable to contact the company for resolution as the only email listed is invalid. I am furious and hope something is done about their trash website and products.
Highlighted
Contributor

@Tabitha1990 Did you open a case with PayPal? That made it easy to start communication back and forth with the scam company. They'll try to tell you that's what you ordered or offer 15% refund, etc (they want to keep PayPal off their backs). Just tell them those options are unacceptable. You'll have to then call PayPal to actually get your money refunded but the refund took place immediately when I called and they told me to keep the terrible cheap flat iron or give it away.

Highlighted
Contributor

I just opened a case through PayPal and the confirmation email mentioned if it was not resolved to contact them for further assistance. Hoping the seller will make things right, if not I will definitely be calling PayPal directly for a refund. Mine wouldn’t even close properly it was so cheaply made. Makes me so mad....
Highlighted
Contributor

If you paid by Paypal, file a claim. You do better calling Paypal than online. Same thing if it was a credit card. Dispute it regardless on Paypal to document.
Contributor

I’ll do that, thanks for the info!:)
Highlighted
Contributor

Where do I get the number to PayPal
Highlighted
Contributor

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call
Highlighted
Contributor

<removed>

Highlighted
Contributor

The same thing happened to me, but with some cameras for the car. I contacted the seller, spent 20 days, Paypal closed my case and now they say they can not help me. If so many people have had the same problem, I do not understand how Paypal has not taken action on the matter.
Highlighted

This happened to me as well. I bought the 2 in 1 that is supposed to curl my hair without me having to do the curling. It is supposed to be curved on one end. They sent a cheap black hair straightener - not at all what was described in the photos or video. It also only has an on and off button no feature to change the temp to 4 different settings as advertised. I reach out to the company and to PAYPAL after seeing all of these reviews. Super annoying that they have not been flagged already with all of these similar complaints.