cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

Contributor

Re: Got scammed by a Facebook ad selling Golden curling 2 in 1 hair iron.

First let me clarify. I ordered TWO of the MESTAR 2 in 1 CURLING irons, and it didn't matter what color they were, as long as they are the ones pictured (no flat irons appeared ANYWHERE) in their videos or pictures on their advertisements. Secondly, I am not opposed to ordering from China or anywhere else for that matter. I order from Wish, and Ebay from different countries IF I get what was advertised, which they did NOT, then I am a happy customer. Thirdly, if I am shipped a product from the United States (return label is California), and I want to return said item, I should NOT be held hostage that I have to pay FOUR TO FIVE TIMES the amount of shipping back to CHINA than it would cost in USA! They REFUSED my request to return to California, as well as said THEY couldn't afford to pay for my return postage. THEY intentionally sent wrong product because everyone is receiving the same cheap black straighteners. You cannot tell me that is not part of their scam. If they (the customer) has to pay enormous fees to return ship, that people will just go away. If you are happy with your black hair straightener, I am happy you can use it. However for me.... nope.
Contributor

Exactly!! I am so furious we are all experiencing the same thing. I have sent a threatening email to the company and will see what they say. I'd rather fight to get a full refund and stop this company than accept $5 refund. What terrible people they are.
Contributor

Good on you because it worked but unfortunately for the majority it’s not, i bought a 2 in 1 as advertised ($27) not what they sent me which is worth $10 in a china town street market.

Hi. I also purchase the same flat iron. I now ask where something is shipping from before purchasing and I will never buy from a Facebook ad again. That being said, I finally got my money back from Paypal. I called which is much better than emailing and told them that the ad shows a beautiful rosegold iron but that one isn't on sale. However, the black one is $24.99 but they never show you what the black one looks like. I did receive the black one and it's a piece of crap. Paypal went in my favor, but I was going to have to return the iron to get my refund. It would have cost me $60-100 to return the piece of junk. After calling a second time and expressing my frustration, they actually refunded my $29.98 because I've had my paypal acct since 2005. I also told paypal that I was very disappointed that they allowed a company like that to use their services and she said she would look into them and possible not allow them to use paypal. I hope you got your money back too.

New Community Member

I too have been scammed by summer_eye CO Ltd! I have placed a case with pay pal in order to get my money back. The company me a bogus tracking number, no way to contact them and no product ever got delivered to me! They need to be prosecuted for fraud!!!
New Community Member

I have a different dispute with this company. I ordered a backpack which is not as described and that has loose threads. So I asked for a refund & the postage cost to return the item. After countless emails, they are not prepared to pay the return costs to China which will be considerable. Plus they require tracking details. This would all cost more than the bag! I have opened a dispute with Paypal & am waiting for a response. Avoid this company like the plague!

Contributor

Add another one to the scammed list...me!  I have emailed the Summer_eye company that sent me the cheap black flat iron, rather than the 2 in 1 Twist Straightening Curling Iron.  I received a response via Paypal from the "customer service" department, asking me to keep the flat iron, and accept a 15% refund.  I refused, said I wanted a pre-paid shipping label to return the product, and a full refund.  If they do not comply, my next step is to elevate to Paypals resolution center, and see what they do.  Good luck everyone.  

Contributor

If you keep negotiating with summer_eye, tell them you will report them to https://www.econsumer.gov/#crnt to file a complaint for international scams for BAIT AND SWITCH. They then offered me to keep my 2 irons and receive $25 of the $38.40 they owed. I requested $30 with no returns and they didn't respond so I filed it as a claim with Paypal. ***NOTE: When you do this, all previous negotiated offers are null and void. So then Paypal shocked me by requiring me to pay to return TO CHINA with 14 days WITH TRACKING to only get partial of $30. I was mad because I thought Paypal was supposed to be on MY side. So that's when I called Paypal and they refunded every penny and said I could do what I wanted with the irons. Keep calling until you get your money!!
Contributor

Couldn’t bother anymore i have stressed enough communicating with them online. Will never use them again
Highlighted
Contributor

After trying to work with the Summer_Eyes company to send me a pre-paid return shipping label, and them advising I had to ship back at my expense, I escalated the issue to Paypal.  Paypal in turn, provided me with the same instructions as the seller, and I could not dispute or remark on the 'claim', other than the required tracking information that I was to provide, in order to get a refund.  It would have cost me more to ship the dang thing back, then I paid for it.  Finally fed up, I called Paypal, and spoke to a pleasant enough young lady by the name of Grace, but you could tell Grace was not located in the United States, and I struggled with her heavy accent.  She too, gave me the run around, said she would send a 'complimentary' email to the seller, to see if they would re-consider sending a pre-paid return label to me, but I advised, I had already asked them a couple of times.  I finally said I wanted to speak to her manager, and she put me on hold.  She came back, and advised her Supervisor was on another call, but said that he advised they would give me a $25.00 refund on the product.  I paid $27.49, so I was happy with that, and agreed.  Push Paypal, don't just do it via online, get on the phone and call them, and push...good luck to everyone, and I hope you at least get something back for all your troubles.