Got scammed by Nanchang Etron Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd. through a Facebook Ad

Soiparis
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone, I got scammed out of approximately 39.98$ from a Chinese company. I stupidly ordered from a Facebook ad and thought that by using Paypal I would be protected. No, Paypal responded that I have to deal with my financial institution. They are allowing scammers to scam PayPal customers. The Chinese company is called Nanchang Etron Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd.

I had ordered a Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron Hair Straightener - 2020 Upgrade(Professional Anion protects hair) / 1 Year and I got a Ruida after about 2 months waiting for delivery.

I had filed a complaint with Paypal for reimbursement because I did not believe it will arrive anymore. Then it arrived and with good faith, I closed the case without even trying it on because I was busy with work. Then later the next day, I plugged the iron and it would not turn on. I tried various outlets of my house that I know works perfectly and it never turned on.

Paypal told me that since I had closed the case, there was nothing they could do.

I had multiple email convo with the seller who offered a $4 dollars refund, then $10 and then explained to me that if I wanted a full refund, I had to pay a shipping fee exceeding $30 to return the product to China and even that the product might not get there because of long transportation processes and therefore they would not be able to give me a refund. So the best was to accept the $10. 

So I basically would be pocketing about $80 for a product that never worked and was not even the brand advertised. It was not supposed to be a $10 Ruida. 

This company needs to be banned on social media and on Paypal.

Is there a way to reopen a complaint on Paypal?

Thank you,

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.