Got scammed and can't get my money back

mrblik
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, my account has recently been hacked through phishing and my password got stolen. I took care of everything now - changed my email address, my password, and activated two factor authentification. unfortunately, the person that hacked my account had already used my PayPal account to send themselves money (about 57 euro). I was quick enough to prevent them from doing more, but now I want that money back... Is there any way to cancel the payment aka get it back? The person listed it as a purchase and that a shipping address is required, so I'm thinking about telling PayPal that I never received anything (which I didn't, and won't, of course). The person calls it a 'promotional return'... I already contacted PayPal and opened a dispute, saying it was an unauthorized transaction, but they didn't care and just said that there wasn't a problem. The account of the person isn't even verified! So scammers aren't a problem, I assume? I realize this is my own fault. But I still believe that it should be possible to cancel a payment and get a refund. The same thing happened on my Amazon account and they immediately helped me and gave me a refund. Please, if anyone knows what I can do, I'd be thankful for any kind of help. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.