Got scammed & Account got restricted.

PishoyWafik
Contributor
Contributor

I was purchasing a digital code and sent the person the money via paypal. I got scammed for that ammount of money, i requested a refund or a dispute and waited for the response but this wasn't the case. What happened is that my account got restricted ! I can't use my account to pay or withdraw anymore. Paypal told me to upload a national ID for verification. There is one problem though. My paypal's name is actaully my nickname not my official name. When signing up to paypal i wrote my nickname because that's what i've been called since birth i don't use my real name. What can i currently do ? I really need help my account has all my earnings and it's currently locked. It's not my fault that i got scammed.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PishoyWafik 

If you open a legal, financial account with a nickname then any funds in that account belong to the person that owns that nickname and can provide legal documents to prove that it is there real name.

You cannot do that so the account and funds are more than likely lost to you.

You could try contacting the person that sent you the funds and see if they can open a dispute to get their money back and then send the funds to you another way if you can?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PishoyWafik
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Sadly there's no way i can because it's a company and it's basically my monthly income. Is there anyway i could proof even sending a picture of myself with both ID and Credit card along with other certificates ? Can this work ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.