Got scammed F&F but I have a pic of the scammer’s ID

danmuji47
Contributor
Contributor

So I just got scammed because my <removed> trusted him too much. I met him in a game and had been talking and playing games together for months now. He sent me a tagged pic of his ID a while ago before the transaction amount started getting higher and higher and eventually took my money. By tracing his location via his ID, I’m thinking of filing a police report in his city. Would the police be able to do anything to get my money back? He mentioned that he transferred schools to a different state. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@danmuji47 

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the subsequent circumstances after filing police report. Also file with ic3.gov, for good measure and get him in the system submitting a copy of the report to them and contact PayPal and give them both police report and ic3 report:

To report the fraud:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Good luck.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.