Got hacked lost money

Dapown
Contributor
Contributor

Well... this happened 10 days ago. There was it... -286,94GBP. It took 7 days before I got an mail about suspicious activity on my PayPal account... I immediately logged in and checked what was wrong. I saw -286 GBP and a refund in process +286 GPB... So I changed my password and did everything PayPal said. But yesterday the money was taken from my card. I really want the money back and I am curious if I will get it back. Is it 100% certain I will get this refund or is it possible to get cancelled last moment?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dapown 

If paypal agree that the payment was unauthorised then yes you should get your refund.

As to it taking 7 days, I think the onus is on you to keep an eye on your own paypal account, you were lucky paypal picked it up.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dapown 

If paypal agree that the payment was unauthorised then yes you should get your refund.

As to it taking 7 days, I think the onus is on you to keep an eye on your own paypal account, you were lucky paypal picked it up.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dapown
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah ok, you're right, I know it is completely my fault for being lazy af for not having a 2steps-authentication. But I thought where is the point of a fast payment if you have to go get your phone and read the SMS. But what I meant to say is: it is weird that I didn't get an e-mail about a login from another location. I was a bit frustrated that I couldn't contact Paypal in the weekend 😕 I guess I'm kinda lucky lol. Friday I got my paycheck, opened my account and saw 20 euro lool(because the money was drawn from my debit card).

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hi @Dapown,

I'm sorry to hear you've experienced unauthorized activity.  If you have any additional questions or concerns, I would suggest you contact us to provide additional details.  To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.  I hope this helps.

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

Dapown
Contributor
Contributor
I got my money back!! Awesome that paypal picked up on this.
Login to Me Too

debonidance
New Community Member

I bought some clothes on line and paid $86 to this company via PayPal.  I never received my clothes, but this company cashed my money.  I contacted them several times but no help there.  They ignored my request and said they could not find my order, but PayPal paid them.  I looked t the internet and this company has a lousy reputation.  Will I ever get my money back?  I thought PaayPal was secure....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.