Got Scammed in PP G&S

weisheng99
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, recently I get scammed by a seller using the PP G&S payment method. I was trying to buy a software from the seller. He told me that he is worried that I will do a charge back after receiving the product key. So, the seller wanted me to confirm and release the payment to him before he send me the product key of the software to prevent charge back. Then, I have made the payment through PP G&S and I have also confirm and released the payment to him before receiving the product key of the software. After that, he ignored all my messages and went missing. We contacted through an app named Discord. So, I wanted to ask, is there any chances for PayPal to dispute the payment and get me a refund as I have already confirmed and released the payment to the scammer. He did not send me the product key as what we have agreed on earlier.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

walterDUB
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @weisheng99 

Unfortunately PayPal stops being able to protect you as a buyer of a  non-received item once you confirm that you received it. The option that remains to you is to try to find an amicable resolution with the seller.

Stay safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.