Got Scammed but was called a scammer!? :(

vxerie
Contributor
Contributor

Summary:

- buying game account from this person

-suppose to send 2 payment 75euro then 75euro

-send the first payment

-seller doesn't want to pay the PayPal fee so she "refund" my first payment, she even sends me a screenshot that it shows she refunded but I didn't get the money back

-so I send the total amount on the second payment(150euro)

-she proceeds to give me the "account" 

-gave me 3 account different that was not even the actual account that she promised/suppose to sell me

-on line app, she says that she will refund me if not I can proceed to report the issue, as I wasn't getting the refund I reported the issue.

-in the description, I said that I didn't get the product that I was supposed to get then she replied and called me a scammer!?

-and she also escalated the claim.??

Question:

-I have all the text between us copied and downloaded, I want to get my money back will that be proof?

-about the second payment, the 150euro, Paypal has replied that I am eligible for a refund but I have to send "the item" back to her address and I have to state the shipping id etc, but how do I do that when it is a game account that I never even get?

Full story:

So I recently bought a Game account from this person, I requested to get the account before paying but she/he did not allow but did had proof that she/he had the account. so I recommended that I send 50/50 after sending the first half she said that I have to pay for the PayPal fee and that the fee will be x2 because of me sending half-half. so I asked her to refund so I can send her the full amount.

I know Paypal can be slow to load for the activity page so maybe I was dumb as well when she send me a screenshot of her transition that she has already refunded. I was urgent wanting the account so I told her I will pay the full price of 150 euro to her now in exchange for the account now. and she said okay. so I sent the money. so she proceeded to give me the account. but the first account she gave me made my game stuck as her account was expelled and even now the game support has not responded back to me to unstuck me from the expelled page. so I used another phone and asked her for the account again! but it was the wrong one AGAIN! so she gave me another one and of cos again it was the wrong account.

finally, she gives me the last account which I assume is the real one because somehow her password doesn't work... so she then she sends me a screenshot of her phone being stuck at the expelled page as well...  when I clearly already told her it is stuck. and then she says that she will have to change her password but her game is stuck at the wrong account so she can't change the password:(

we communicate in the app called line.

she told me she will refund me the money and that we need to cooperate together and that if I don't get the money I send her the first time I should report the problem to Paypal. so I issued the problem to PayPal and since I didn't get the account at all i also issued a problem to PayPal for the 150euro(which is the second transaction) when I stated clearly in the description that I had not received what I was supposed to receive she replied and said that I was the one that scammed her...????and she even escalated the claim when in Line she said she will refund my money:(

I have the whole proof of the whole chat we had on the line app. will that help me get back my money? 😞 it was a total of 75euro+150euro=225euro 😞I know I should have been more careful and sceptical when she keeps giving the wrong account but... she really seemed like a nice person:( pls help I don't know wad to do anymore? will the record of the conversation we had online help with the investigation?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vxerie 

Sorry not enough time to read that huge block of text.

Can you edit with the salient points and add paragraph at all?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vxerie
Contributor
Contributor

will this do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.