Goods not received

revenge2
Contributor
Contributor

Ordered 4 hammock tents from Pretty Pilus, received 3 cheap card holders. Weeks of emailing where they insisted hammocks had been sent eventually admitting they sent wrong goods, offered a 20% discount if I keep the card holders, then 30% followed by 40%.

Raised  dispute with PayPal giving them the invoice numbers for the four  hammocks, they are pursuing dispute for ONE hammock.

Opened reviews on this company, turns out most people who ordered goods from this company received, you guessed it, CARD HOLDERS.

Now my question is. Why are PayPal still doing business with this company, from what I read I am not the only one who complained to PayPal.

I contacted my bank who going to pursue this company for a FULL refund. Don't know if they will be successful  or not, but at least they are prepared to have a go.

It's time something was done about these scammers,the social media accepts ads from them, and the poor consumer assumes because they are advertised in a particular media they are okay to deal with.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Jennette1
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered 2 of these hammocks one using PayPal the other my debit card. Same thing they offered me 30% of my $ back now today 40% total scam. They shouldn’t be allowed to use PayPal, I’m disgusted with there costumer service. They want me to pay to ship back there black box, I already paid for shipping on the hammocks I didn’t receive.
Login to Me Too

Morga64
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me
Login to Me Too

Jennette1
Contributor
Contributor
My friend also ordered a hammock and the same thing, she got a metal black box!!! “Card holder” so 3 separate orders and we received the same items
Login to Me Too

Morga64
Contributor
Contributor
I also ordered a hammock and received a little black box no invoice nothing to say where it came from only realised after I searched company name and trust pilot came up saying the same thing.
Login to Me Too

Paz15
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me and when i asked for a refund paypal requested i send back the item via tracked mail which was going to cost me more than the refund. In the end Paypal sided with the seller. Its just shocking that we are being swindled and Paypal doesnt care
Login to Me Too

Gallifrey91
I just cell for them, too. I ordered a baby playpen which was only $20.89USD (~$33aud) and it just never came. I opened a dispute with PayPal about they sided with the company. So now I'm out $33, which may not be much to some, but it really is for us. I'm so disappointed.
Login to Me Too

clare555
New Community Member

Yes I received a metal box instead of a throw, found out today Paypal sided with them because they had proof of delivery (metal box)

Not happy with Paypal to side with an obvious scam company!

Login to Me Too

Fgcat30
New Community Member
Total scam company, also go by the name LOOKSBACK. I did not receive my order or a refund from PayPal. Somehow they had proof of delivery. How do this company get away with this? PayPal should be aware, there are so many compliments regarding this scam.
Login to Me Too

Kevallaway
New Community Member
PayPal sided with this awful company in my dispute also, it is clear they are scammers. I have been waiting for my refund since June 2020. I am bombarding them with emails, if nothing else it’s keeping someone busy and hopefully costing PrettyPilus (or whatever they currently trade as) some time and money
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.