Goods not received, Case lost but no option to appeal.

Labrax
Contributor
Contributor

I registered a claim for non-receipt of goods which Paypal have denied as 'The seller provided valid tracking information'.

The tracking is provided by an international (?Chinese) distribution company which uses multiple local delivery companies at the destination, their tracking page simply states 'delivered-no signature.'

Paypal have not provided me with any of the information they been provided with as to who the delivery was made by once it reached the UK.

I wish to challenge the Paypal decision as I have not been provided with enough information for me to continue the claim outside of Paypal. I cannot find the option to appeal the Paypal decision on the Case Closed page and would welcome any constructive advice on how to proceed.

Thanks

Peter

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Labrax 

The only way paypal can tell if an item is delivered or not is by tracking.

If tracking shows the item as delivered then thats it, there system is mostly automated so the rest would be between you / seller / courier used.

If paypal overturned every not received dispute because the buyer said that the item had not arrived when tracking showed it had then it would be pointless sellers sending trackable and they would no longer be protected at all.

Sadly thats what happens when you buy tat (which i expect it would have been) from China.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then talk to your card issuer BUT they may decline as well if tracking shows delivered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.