Goods not delivered, Paypal believed vendors bogus tracking number

tonyserve
Contributor
Contributor
Hi,

Paypal needs to review my case after dismissing it incorrectly, because the tracking number the vendor gave is bogus, even though it makes some connection to Australia Post. 
AP confirmed no parcel was delivered.  

Please see this story fn the Detroit Free Press for a similar case. PayPal loophole makes it easier for scammers to trick you into fake goods 

Please advise ASAP that you have reopened the case, listed the vendor as a scammer and provide me a refund as son as you can.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tonyserve 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tonyserve
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for your reply, but the vendor is clearly not going to provide the information you ask for after sending two bogus tracking codes. 

Is ghere an email address I can send the below proof of bogus tracking info and progress my claim for a refund. TYhanks in anticipation.

899D6034-32C4-4C9E-9927-3BC0E19FFC8E.jpeg

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tonyserve 

I didn't say anything about the seller providing tracking.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.