Goods not as described dispute

rigga955
Contributor
Contributor

Not at all happy with my current situation, purchased a tool kit from china via PayPal, they sent a empty case, no tool inside, when I complained they immediately offered a 50% discount to keep the empty box, or send back for a full refund ....this smacks of a well planned scam, as if they had believed they had sent the item, why would they offer the partial refund? Paypal sided with the seller and asked me to  send the empty box back, well that's great but I'm not covered for postal charges to return, so I have no tool that I paid for, and the postal costs to return a empty box to china will be close to the purchase price of the goods I didn't receive, brilliant, so much for the lauded buyer protection PayPal keeps banging on about ..... absolute farce of a situation and I'm incredibly frustrated paypal will not force the buyer to fully refund, when they obviously intended to defraud me ..... shameful.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rigga955 

Can't have whatever they sent and the money. PayPal ruled in your favor to make seller accept return for a refund. That's how they resolve it disputes right down the middle if you and the seller can not agree. 

PayPal has refund returns program:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Otherwise, you can forfeit the PayPal decision/dispute and invoke your bank reversal or credit card chargeback rights, resolving it exclusively through them.

Stop buying off chinese sites.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rigga955 

Can't have whatever they sent and the money. PayPal ruled in your favor to make seller accept return for a refund. That's how they resolve it disputes right down the middle if you and the seller can not agree. 

PayPal has refund returns program:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Otherwise, you can forfeit the PayPal decision/dispute and invoke your bank reversal or credit card chargeback rights, resolving it exclusively through them.

Stop buying off chinese sites.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

rigga955
Contributor
Contributor

The point is they sent nothing, I don't expect to keep goods and the money, all I got was a empty plastic case!

As for the "stop buying off Chinese sites " I've purchased many things from china, all so far so good, why would one company who try to tarnish the rest stop me from doing that, stop the rogue company's not tarnish the rest who want to provide a good service.

Login to Me Too

I ordered a product and did not receive anything near what I ordered, so I opened a case and PayPal has now denied my refund. I will appeal and as per what I have read the appeal is often unsuccessful.  why is PayPal not helping protect their buyers from fraudulent sellers. This is going to cost PayPal their entire business if they don’t help protect buyers. I will not use PayPal anymore and I encourage others to do the same. PayPal needs to protect everyone from fraudulent activity.

Login to Me Too

I ordered a product and did not receive anything near what I ordered, so I opened a case and PayPal has now denied my refund. I will appeal and as per what I have read the appeal is often unsuccessful.  why is PayPal not helping protect their buyers from fraudulent sellers. This is going to cost PayPal their entire business if they don’t help protect buyers. I will not use PayPal anymore and I encourage others to do the same. PayPal needs to protect everyone from fraudulent activity. Can anyone offer suggestions to help me with this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.