Gooddealsus Scam/Fraud real life baby dolls

smarty58
New Community Member

How can scam websites be reported to PayPal?

What is orderedWhat is orderedbottom pics of what is receivedbottom pics of what is received

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

LornaG
Contributor
Contributor
Next time take a screenshot so you will have proof you received their reply
Login to Me Too

LornaG
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for that. I am holding out for full refund. And I am not sending that piece of crap back. Would cost more on postage than the item is worth. I can't believe with the number of complaints PayPal get they still continue to pay out Customers' money to them. Absolutely ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

pcasso29
Contributor
Contributor

I have now found PayPal's reply about reporting my concern to the relevant dept. Hopefully when/if you are reimbursed you will also inform PayPal  of your concerns about them performing transactions with scammers and fraudsters. The more complaints they hear, the more likely they are to do something about it. 

Login to Me Too

VickieV
Contributor
Contributor

Same deal here.  I "won" with Paypal agreeing to a full refund but only if I return the "doll" to Malaysia.  It was mailed to me from a processing center in New Jersey so I think if I need to mail it anywhere it should be just to New Jersey.  The cost to Malaysia will be more than the refund.  I'm not seeing a place to explain this to Paypal.  Where do I go next?

Login to Me Too

pcasso29
Contributor
Contributor

I received a refund without returning the dolls, so I can't tell you if they will honour it if you do return them. I told fraudsters I was throwing them in the trash. They sent me a refund, via PayPal after many lower offers. It was about 80% of what I paid. PayPal now doesn't answer my questions regarding their association with these crooks, telling me the case is closed. I feel I was very lucky to get any refund at all. I don't know if PayPal will refund you under buyer protection - which they claim to offer. I am still trying to talk to somebody at PayPal, I want to ask why they continue transferring our money to a crooked company, when they must have had hundreds of complaints and claims. Don't give up, keep the dispute open until you get somewhere. Good Luck!

Login to Me Too

LornaG
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal closed my case because I didn't send them a tracking number. I wrote twice to them saying I wanted a prepaid return label as the cost of postage was more than the cost of the piece of crap they sent. Anyway I phoned them but got nowhere with them. I told them I was really disgusted with the way they were taking the sellers side. To cut a long story short got in touch with my bank who refunded me in full and said they would investigate the company.
Login to Me Too

pcasso29
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome that your bank refunded you Lorna G. Yes, PayPal do seem to side with the seller, even when there are so many complaints about this seller. Very frustrating trying to find somebody at PayPal to discuss the matter with. Very hard to contact them when they close the case before asking if we are satisfied with the outcome. So many buyers probably just give up and accept the fact that they have been conned by a crooked seller.  

Login to Me Too

VickieV
Contributor
Contributor

OK... I returned the doll and Paypal is refunding the postage.  However, in returning this doll to Malaysia, USPS does NOT provide tracking.  They state that tracking can only be followed within the US, and so it's pointless to provide tracking to Malaysia (which is true since I've mailed items to China and that was the case).  So I mailed the doll, provided pictures and the receipt to prove it was mailed and that the receipt even states "Tracking unavailable to this destination country".    Now I wait to see if Paypal will still honor the case.  They want a tracking number, but that is not possible.   They should know this by now.  

Login to Me Too

pcasso29
Contributor
Contributor

I still can't work out why PayPal put the onus on the buyer, when they must have had hundreds of complaints and claims regarding this seller by now. Have you read the reviews about gooddealsus and their newborn baby dolls on Trustpilot?  https://au.trustpilot.com/review/gooddealsus.com

It looks like gooddealsus has removed the dolls from their site, but they sell lots of other items which will most likely be the same ripoff. They have probably renamed their website for the doll sales.

PayPal are still the advertised money handlers on the gooddealsus website.

Good Luck with your refund VickieV.

Login to Me Too

VickieV
Contributor
Contributor

OMG.   So, case denied!  Why?  Because I couldn't prove tracking - which USPS says they do not provide to Malaysia.  I provided pics of the postage receipt that STATES CLEARLY that tracking is not available to this country.  I provided pictures of the package with the customs slip attached, the postage paid stamp, everything... and they are saying that I can't prove I mailed it back.   

Of course this is AFTER I provided them proof, and they then send the SELLER my proof... and that let's the seller know that the package cannot be tracked.  SERIOUSLY????  

Earlier correspondence I had with them asking about this exact same scenario happening and what to do, and they said that it's the way they have to do it for "government regulations" and that they have to wait until all claims against this guy are settled before they can cancel all future dealings with him.  And yet they continue to deal with him - meaning they are not going to be able to cut him off because they are never going to settle all claims because they keep accepting new ones.   

This is RIDICULOUS!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.