Going round in circles over a dispute over poor Chinese shoes!

chelseaal2001
Contributor
Contributor

Two weeks ago, I raised a question regarding being duped over a company called Recomely.com who I ordered some shoes from for $80. (£65)

The shoes came, nothing like what is ordered and the WRONG size. I immediately opened a dispute and have sent 27 emails to Recomely requesting the return address for a FULL refund, as their returns policy clearly states so.

My emails still get either ignored, or a suggestion I pass them on as a gift. They are adamant they will not accept them for a full refund, suggesting it takes too long to send them back for processing, and even then, only a partial refund can be offered....if at all!

I tried to escalate this dispute through paypal, and keep getting the following message from Paypal:

"Have you already been in touch with the seller? It's often the best way to resolve a problem. "

I cannot seem to proceed with either a refund, a returns address or anything. I don't want the shoes, they are nothing like what I ordered, as well as being the WRONG size, the quality of the leather is poor. 
The emails I do receive constantly contradict their returns policy as well as their refund policy.
How can I push this further?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

Your best option in this situation is to contact PayPal directly so they can assist with escalating your dispute.

-David R

Login to Me Too

beverlyd10
New Community Member

My dispute is also with a Chinese company. They will refund my $19.99 if I return item to Canadian address with tracking. The cost to do this is over $25.00.  This to me is a fraud and no guarantee of even getting refund. Think Pay Pal should refund and let them settle with the Chinese.  Do not know why these companies are even allowed to do business in U.S.A. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.