Going from resolution stage to claims.

dangled
Contributor
Contributor

My understanding is that the parties must find a resolution within 20 days.

If I go to claims, is the time for paypal to make a decision included in the 20 days ?

Do I need to state my case AND  post pics within the 20 days or will I have time to state my case and post pics after it goes to claims ?

Is it difficult to post pics ?

Thanks for your help.

daniel

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dangled 

Scroll down to "Our online dispute resolution process":

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#purchase-protection

State your case (including any info to help your case) and try to resolve it with the other party within the first 20 days if for some reason you can't, escalate before the 20th day to PayPal claim so PayPal can step in and review the case. The case is then on PayPal's clock after that and they take however long it takes to make a decision, including asking for info/photos, etc. Usually they try to resolve it within 30 days. You'll be give an upload function to submit pics and docs when PayPal contacts you asking for this info through the Resolution Center.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

dangled
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help.  greatly appreciated.  

Question:  Do I need to inform someone in paypal resolutions that I have info and pics to present or will they automatically ask if I have pics and information to present.

Question:   When it passes from resolution to claims do they review all the exchanges between both parties made in the resolution stage or does each party need to restate their respective arguments ?

daniel

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.