Goinfine.com scam

Dd1199ca
Contributor
Contributor
Had anyone been credited by PayPal after disputing a claim. I also got scammed by this site. They even sent me tracking info for a 3 lb package which shows as delivered but I never got. The item I ordered weighted over 20 lbs some somehow they are creating fake ups teacking #.
Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

Otto20
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. I recently was scammed by this site. I bought a outdoor inflatable water slide that shouldve weighed 75lbs. When I got the tracking # from them, I called the USPS. They told me the parcel this company sent weighed only 2 oz. Just an envelope. Apparently they continue to scam through paypal. My bank is investigating and gave me a provisional credit for the amount but paypal was no help. Why is Paypal, who is supposed to be a respected, trusted way to pay for your purchases, still allowing this company to use them??? Makes no sense to me
Login to Me Too

dslasvegas
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, PayPal first sided with goinfine.com then I wrote them and had them re-open the case. The company said my package was delivered by UPS and had the tracking number and everything. So I had to do some leg work. Went to UPS with what info I had (tracking number, company, date it was so called delivered) and they researched where the package was delivered to. It showed it was delivered so someone else at some other address and the weight also wasn't right. So I gave PayPal all my research and they sided with me and credited me back. They will help you but you have to push them alittle!!! I don't know why they keep allowing that company to use PayPal. Good luck! 

Login to Me Too

jazadlo
Contributor
Contributor

same here...I ordered a compost bin from the website which shows company based in Sacramento (because I looked) ..next thing i know I'm getting an acknowledgement/reciept from PayPal  and the sellers name does not match that which is listed on website.  I filed a fraud claim thru PayPal, and yesterday my "package" was to have been delivered weighing 0.8 pounds ..?? No UPS driver showed up on my porch yesterday because they would have set off security cameras, and trying to file claim with UPS but i will be contacting my bankcard that I used thru PayPal and see what they can do..

Login to Me Too

stevenartes
Contributor
Contributor
Ya i got scammed by the same type company and paypal denied my dispute and ruled in there favor now im out 300 dollars
Login to Me Too

ViktorM
Contributor
Contributor

Did you try to call Paypal Customer service?

Search Google for phone number. 

Login to Me Too

jazadlo
Contributor
Contributor
Go back to UPS with your tracking number, your name & address ..have them confirm that the package was NOT addressed to you or shipped to your address ..mine wasn’t nearly as expensive as yours and after a couple weeks it had nothing to do with the money ..it was the principal that they are not screening these companies
Login to Me Too

dslasvegas
Contributor
Contributor

Don't give up!!!!  PayPal first sided with goinfine.com then I wrote them and had them re-open the case. The company said my package was delivered by UPS and had the tracking number and everything. So I had to do some leg work. Went to UPS with what info I had (tracking number, company, date it was so called delivered) and they researched where the package was delivered to. It showed it was delivered so someone else at some other address and the weight also wasn't right. So I gave PayPal all my research and they sided with me and credited me back. They will help you but you have to push them alittle!!! Good luck! 

Login to Me Too

jazadlo
Contributor
Contributor
I finally won my “case” after 6 weeks ..this was not a pleasant experience and I will not automatically assume anyone associated with PayPal is legit anymore ..they need to do a better job of screening and probably monitoring this message board because they scammed a lot of people
Login to Me Too

Otto20
Contributor
Contributor
I just got off the phone with USPS. Tracking number was created was just a 2 oz envelope. Which was supposed to be a 60 lb outdoor inflatable water slide. It was delivered to a different address near my home under somebody else's name which they probably found in the phone book.But just a empty envelope. That's how this company is able to get away with what they're doing. I filed a complaint through the mail fraud at United States Postal Service. Meantime, my bank gave me a provisional credit while I'm waiting for the investigation to complete. But not sure what'll take place because it does show it was delivered. I did get something in writing from the post office stating it was a 2oz parcel delivered to the different address under my tracking number. That might help allow me to keep the credit my bank gave me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.