God Awful Dispute Conclusion on a Potential Scam

MjolMjol
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered the knitted green one. I received the very different, quite unattractive pink one of different material, design, and size.

The seller said they ran out of the one I ordered. I told them to cancel my order. They didn't. They still charged me and sent what I didn't order. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a scam from the beginning. The seller stopped replying to me and cut other technical support lines they had.

PayPal denied my refund request. "Not significantly different". It doesn't matter if the only the off was the color, they should not have sent me this on principle.

The seller is UREASHI PTE LTD

The seller's website (the product page was taken down) <Removed>

Is there any avenue for reopening closed disputes?

What I orderedWhat I orderedWhat I receivedWhat I received

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

AniDAC
Contributor
Contributor

@MjolMjol I would love that! I'm going to try to open a claim with paypal to see if they will refund me since I didn't get anything, but I'm a bit new at this tbh. 

Login to Me Too

MjolMjol
Contributor
Contributor

@AniDAC I don't want to request your details on this public forum... Message me on <removed>, I guess? I'm <removed> on there. I won't charge you for it. I just want Rose Bulbasaur to go somewhere they're wanted.

Login to Me Too

AniDAC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MjolMjol, sorry to have gone MIA but it's been a crazy few weeks. To catch you up after a month of fighting with these people and finally including paypal into this they decided to ship something... It's a white rabbit that says "My 1st Easter". So yep... still haven't received my pink bulbasaur. Also, I think your handle was removed before I could see it, but just in case you can find me as napothepup. 

Login to Me Too

pinkblondie22
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered the Bulbasaur as well (I actually wanted the one you received) as a Valentines gift. The store stated that if I ordered within a certain time frame (they even had the little ticking clock thing) that it would arrive by Valentines Day. It did not and I reached out to the company who sent me tracking info that simply stated no information could be found for that tracking info. So, I opened a Paypal case and presented all the info and screen shots. The company replied by sending back the same bad tracking info. Paypal did nothing for almost a month before the tracking info actually showed information about 2 months after I had ordered and stated the package was finally on its' way. They probably shipped it as soon as the case was opened to avoid having to give a refund. My item did arrive, months late and completely useless now, and so Paypal decided in their favor even though I have no use for the item and I had to fight tooth and nail to even receive it. Paypal should refuse to do business with them as they are obviously scammers who do the bare minimum to avoid having to refund customers over their lies. I'm still mad at Paypal for sitting on the case for over a month. If you advertise fast shipping and do not deliver, you should not get paid. I would return the thing if that would not be its' own nightmare. 

Login to Me Too

AniDAC
Contributor
Contributor

@pinkblondie22 At least you got something... I have just lost the fight with the seller and Paypal has closed my claim. I was sent a white easter bunny that was probably purchased at some random dollar store at the very last minute just so the seller could say that they had indeed sent something. Paypal should really investigate them at this point considering there is so many of us that have been affected. I already contacted customer service to make the suggestion, but I encourage everyone to do the same thing and write "Investigate UREASHI" to paypal through whatever method they prefer. 

Login to Me Too

Appliance411
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal closed my dispute too. I contacted Paypal after that and I did finally get arefund... even after them officially closing the dispute.

Login to Me Too

StarKat
Omg I can't believe how many folks getting scammed by UReashi and Paypal still sends them our money. I bought a $40 wiccan robe 8 weeks ago. I had to threaten them with a paypal claim to get a tracking number on a package that hasnt moved for 23 days.. So frustrating! Now I made a claim with PayPal to try and get my money back. Im so upset that PayPal is supporting these criminals!
Login to Me Too

stephiloo
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same issue. They removed their website and I waited months for my items to show up. I opened a dispute, but once it’s sent to PayPal for judgement, you can’t amend details or contact the decision-maker. The item showed up end of April (after being ordered January 11), and it is NOT as described. It’s a hunk of solid, ugly plastic with a faux-gold back and it’s advertised as a “sun-catcher” when it’s impossible for any light to shine through. No way to reopen the case, the seller is non-responsive. How can PayPal receive all these disputes and still rule in the favour of these scammers? A massive company like PayPal should not be complacent with so many of their customers losing money to con artists. When I search the name “Ureashi” online, hundreds of complaints appear.
Login to Me Too

AniDAC
Contributor
Contributor

@stephiloo I would really advise you to reach out to Paypal customer service and explain your disappointment at the inability to resolved the situation and also the fact that the seller did not deliver the item promised and has completely shut down their website and denied all sorts of communication. It helped out in my scenario but I was armed with all of the screenshots of the shenanigans that Ureashi had carried out in their attempt to scam me. 

Login to Me Too

stephiloo
Contributor
Contributor
@AniDAC I agree. I’ve been in contact with PayPal to escalate my frustration. They’re working with me now. I don’t even need the money back because it wasn’t overly expensive, it’s just the principal behind it. If they continue to get away with it, they’ll never stop.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.