God Awful Dispute Conclusion on a Potential Scam

MjolMjol
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered the knitted green one. I received the very different, quite unattractive pink one of different material, design, and size.

The seller said they ran out of the one I ordered. I told them to cancel my order. They didn't. They still charged me and sent what I didn't order. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a scam from the beginning. The seller stopped replying to me and cut other technical support lines they had.

PayPal denied my refund request. "Not significantly different". It doesn't matter if the only the off was the color, they should not have sent me this on principle.

The seller is UREASHI PTE LTD

The seller's website (the product page was taken down) <Removed>

Is there any avenue for reopening closed disputes?

What I orderedWhat I orderedWhat I receivedWhat I received

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

DanielleSaudino
Contributor
Contributor
This company, under a variety of names Including LisianStore and Thekeilas, keeps stealing our photos of a Harry Potter Golden Snitch engagement ring box (which is a licensed product) and advertising it on Facebook, google, and everywhere. Our product - shown in the photos the stole - is made from sterling silver or solid gold, and takes a master jeweler thirty or more hours to assemble from forty four pieces. They are selling their version for $24. I bought one to see how it looks, and it’s absolutely a joke - it literally looks nothing like the original. It’s two pieces, shaped like a lentil, with a spelling error across the top. It doesn’t even hold a ring, and it’s huge and made of cheap painted brass. And it took three months to reach me. And they refused to refund me, although it looks nothing like the photos. I’m sure PayPal will take care of it, but these sites need to be shut down.
Login to Me Too

Roozle11
Contributor
Contributor
They scammed me too! Took almost 2 months to get an idea that had grainy images, is a different color, thickness, and material. They also used stolen artwork.
Login to Me Too

DanielleSaudino
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal actually decided in their favor, which is a joke. They said I would need to ship that POS back to receive a refund, but the return label would cost more than the piece itself.
Login to Me Too

Nastursim
New Community Member
Why doesn't PayPal shut them down. Also been scammed and after I kept enquiring they shut down their website and email. Disgusting
Login to Me Too

Appliance411
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, I got an email from them the other day. They said they were hacked (or had DOS attack against them). I replied saying it was probably another consumer that they ripped off and/or Chinese hackers. hehe

Login to Me Too

Appliance411
Contributor
Contributor

I too was scammed by this company. You can read the details at my web site. Happily the web site that hocked their fraudulent products has since been taken down.

http://www.appliance411.com/lajoiestores/

I believe they knew every well what they were doing and were counting on people not wanting to go through the trouble (and expense!) of trying to get a refund so they can just keep the ill-gotten gains. I hope Paypal has totally banned them from using the Paypal service to rip off other!

Paypal needs to amend their refund policy to not require return of goods if less that $50-$75 as it is not cost effective to have to return such items *with tracking* from North America to China.

PS. I finally found the actual product developer on Etsy and he said they've been scamming people using photos of his products and copies of his product pages for several years!

Login to Me Too

AniDAC
Contributor
Contributor

I have unfortunately fallen for this same company. I bought the product from lajoiestores.com hoping it would actually ship as it was a gift for someone. Imagine my susprise when time goes by, the website shuts down, and then looking at the paypal receipt I notice that it says "UREASHI PTE LTD", google it and find your post here. Ironically, the product I ordered and never received was the pink bulbasaur you got by mistake. I have now done more research and found that the original artists for these is on Etsy and they have had many of their products stolen by UREASHI and their various websites. To my dismay, the original artists has stopped taking commisions, so now I go back to square one. 

Login to Me Too

MjolMjol
Contributor
Contributor

Not joking, I can mail the one I got to you. I don't want it.

Login to Me Too

MjolMjol
Contributor
Contributor

@AniDAC I forgot to tag you. I can mail the one I got to you. I don't want it, and Paypal isn't gonna help get my money back. Might as well make someone happy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.