Getting you refund from a China Product that was a Bait and Switch

fschiro
Contributor
Contributor

I recently bought Fire Pit from a US company that made their product in China. When I got the merchandize, it was not the size I ordered.  I attempted to seek a resolution by contacting the seller and asking them to replace the smaller item with the extra large item that I had ordered.  They offered me only a $50 dollar refund on a $69.99 dollar purchase and I could keep the much smaller one.  I refused and then went to the Resolution Center to ask for a refund.  The company acknowledged that they would refund my money if I would send the small unit back to China.  I found out that to ship it back would cost me $70.00.  In doing some research on this, I found that it is a common practice for Chinese companies to employ a US company to sell their product, but when refunds are requested, the customer has to spend almost the cost of the good to send it back.  This frustrates the consumer and they usually just give up on seeking the refund.  I refused to do this and messaged the Help Center that I felt I was a victim of a Bait and Switch scheme. I sent them all the correspondence between me and the Chinese company and PayPal agreed that it was a Bait and Switch and refunded my money.  My advice to others who have been victims of this, is to not give up and keep all you correspondence when you appeal to PayPal for a charge back on a product.   

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.