Getting funds back

pt6guy
Contributor
Contributor

Case background:

I had a contractor do some work on my home which was completed properly.  I thought I'd save him a trip to the bank and use PayPal instead, which turned out to be a huge mistake.  First, they whacked the guy with a $20 service charge and secondly, they only allow him to withdraw $200 of the payment at a time.  That means four trips for him to get paid.  No contractor wants to be paid like that so I wrote him a check and resolved that.  However, PayPal won't let me cancel the transaction.  It came from my credit card so I'm unsure if that's the reason why.  PayPal is terrible at understanding the issue and explaining why this situation is like this. 

So now, I have this contractor's original payment sitting in limbo and PayPal keeps trying to force me into filing a dispute.  To do so, I would have to say that the contractor didn't provide the service, which is untrue.  My dispute is with PayPal because apparently there is no process to reverse a transaction.

Can the recipient cancel or refund this from his side?

If forced to, I will file a dispute but they're basically forcing me to lie and say I didn't get what I paid for.  The last time I used PayPal about a year ago, the payment went to the recipient in the same manner and there was no service charge and the person was able to get all the funds at once.  Apparently that's all changed now.  Once this is resolved, I'm deleting my account and will never use PayPal again.  If someone knows how to undo this, I'd love to know how.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.