Getting a refund for a product that never arrived, after closing my dispute

NashvilleWayne
New Community Member

I accidentally closed my dispute for a purchase made at a China scam site, so I'm hoping for direction how to get my refund when Paypal won't let me open a new dispute.  The seller never sent a receipt, their tracking number is bogus, and their promises made in response to my closed dispute were all lies. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Dhen21
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @NashvilleWayne,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Though once you've closed you case/claim with PayPal, it cannot be reopened or escalated nor create a new one for the same transaction. I understand that it's alarming to be in this situation. But if you used your card when you paid for the item, there's an option for you to reach out to your card provider. They surely can check and look for options to help you get your money back.

Hope this will be resolved soonest. 

Keep safe!

Login to Me Too

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hello @NashvilleWayne, sorry to hear that you accidentally close the dispute. Unfortunately we cannot re open it but you may contact your credit card company or financial institution to file dispute and get a refund. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.