Get scam by Gmiioy Website but PayPal refused to refund back

Joshuahclim
Contributor
Contributor

Well recently I asked PayPal to refund the money as the website is a dating website which is scam.(same case with @Louiskoh94. Even I give all the evidence, what PayPal told me that the seller have evidence on tracking number by delivering the item. It doesn't make any sense for paying a 3000 USD on a item and that is a dating side. PayPal can't even provide me the seller evidence as they said is P&C. I have file a police report with evidence that I have screenshot on the seller said would refund back the money to me. Not sure is it possible to get back my refund but I just know PayPal is helpless and can't get back the refund.

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

Joshuahclim
Contributor
Contributor
@MY-Canuck Okay, so is like appeal another cases which become new cases. Thanks for the information. Let's see what's the outcome and @Louiskoh94 I hope that you have told to the bank. Provide evidence too
Login to Me Too

Joshuahclim
Contributor
Contributor
@MY-Canuck well, look like I appeal and currently got 1 is successfully get back. But not sure why others get denied. Any idea?@Louiskoh94
Login to Me Too

Joshuahclim
Contributor
Contributor
A chargeback just can do anytime and the bank wont ask for any reason? Just wondering as if possible I might need to go to the bank ask for it rather than they told me to wait for the officer to help.
Login to Me Too

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

You don’t need a reason. You didn’t get what was agreed upon. You can just do it on the phone. No need to go to bank.

Kudos appreciated..
Remember if anything seems to good to be true, chances are it is!
Login to Me Too

Joshuahclim
Contributor
Contributor
Not sure why my bank actually ask that. Will try and ask the bank to do a chargeback again. As they will ask for a reason
Login to Me Too

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

@Joshuahclim 

Try with PayPal again.

My case got approved for full refund. (Fake vacuum cleaner).

So if PayPal refunded some of your purchases, you can try and the rest. Remember to dispute that ‘item’ not as described or scam. Not that you didn’t get delivery..

Kudos appreciated..
Login to Me Too

Joshuahclim
Contributor
Contributor
Okay, will write as item not as describe. And currently they say that viewing my account too.
Login to Me Too

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker @Joshuahclim 

Hey... thought I’d give the background as I’ve been communicating with @Joshuahclim on this. I thought he’d get a better answer here than I.

Basically it’s a website enticing people to contribute tokens for views, or sort of a “Sugar Baby” site. @Joshuahclim  Joined in Sept. From initial communication with the site , he made a transaction of US$500 thru PayPal for tokens. He then changed his mind and wanted a refund. Website said that in order to get a refund, he’d had to deposit another $500.. (Yes, slap forward, roll eyes, Oy-Vey) which he willingly did... Each time they promised that it would come but he’d had Toto up more money while delaying refund. Eventually he had purchased US$3000 worth of call time tokens. He very innocently waited for his refund without perusing further. If was only recently that he read another member had encountered the same problem that he decided to disput the charges. However he mistakenly disputed as “Item not received” which the seller very willingly provided a fake waybill which the PayPal bots accepted and closed the dispute. He has trying to get this corrected since.

chargeback is not an option as he used a debitcard and Malaysian banks only allow disputed transactions within 21 days of transaction. 4 months have already passed. He has not had any success getting refunds for all his transactions bar one $500 charge. 

PayPalcustomer service says they will look into said transactions but so far they have all been denied. @Joshuahclim  said that he went to the Police to lodge a complaint. But as there really is no fraud involved as he willingly bought tokens this isn’t going to do anything.

Short of getting a Court Order to file with PayPal USA, and the convoluted transactions involving Hong Kong, China and Malaysia, what does the PayPal Community think?

Kudos appreciated..
Login to Me Too

Joshuahclim
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Pls assist me can? i have less than 2 months to get the dispute TT

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.