Get my money back fraudulent seller

Turb06
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased some auto parts on a forum after talking to seller over the phone. It’s alot of money 4,500.00. We went back and forth communicating about other items he had but I declined to purchase anything further. When it came time to get shipping info he stopped communicating. I opened a item not received case and low and behold he contacts me stating he was replying to me and even sent me screenshot of texts and looked believable. He stated to close the case before he would ship so I did. Well it happened again and this time I can’t open a case. I opened a fraudulent case but I’m worried I lost this money. Is there anything I can do?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Turb06
Contributor
Contributor
Ok update on this. PayPal has reopened my case for seller not shipping. I continued to push the issue with PayPal. I understand that PayPal goes by a set of guidelines and policies. I’m glad they reopened my case and hope they can modify there policy to better protect the buyer. If the seller can manipulate policies this easy everyone would be doing this.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Turb06 

Never close a dispute until after you get your resolution to your satisfaction. PayPal won't let you open another one. If you filed Unauthorized Payment, you'll lose that too because no one fraudulently accessed your account to send the payment which is what Unauthorized Payment option is for.

People need to read how PayPal disputes work so they don't get tricked (Click Legal at the bottom of page and click User agreement). Expensive lesson. Your only recourse is to file a dispute with your credit card, if that is how you paid.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Turb06
Contributor
Contributor
Could I use cancel order to retrieve money back? Seller is not a merchant just a individual seller. I have stated to seller that I want to cancel order and be issued a refund.
Login to Me Too

Turb06
Contributor
Contributor
What a coincidence the seller just called me and gave me a status update said he has been in jail and just got out. Said he will call me in a hour to discuss shipping. At this point I don’t believe anything he is saying what should I say or do?
Login to Me Too
Solved

Turb06
Contributor
Contributor
Ok update on this. PayPal has reopened my case for seller not shipping. I continued to push the issue with PayPal. I understand that PayPal goes by a set of guidelines and policies. I’m glad they reopened my case and hope they can modify there policy to better protect the buyer. If the seller can manipulate policies this easy everyone would be doing this.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.