Garden Bag Kneeler and Seat

Jojo431
Contributor
Contributor

I just received a small fabric tool pouch! PayPal dispute centre are telling me I have to return this to Shenzhen Aibili Trade Co. Ltd. In China in order to be refunded! It will cost me more than the original item which I never received! I am disgusted - it's a scam and no way of contacting PayPal to complain further! 😠😠😠

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jojo431 

Best not to buy tat from these China web sites or Social Media ads then to be honest.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

If you buy from a business in the UK then you can normally recover those return costs via the small claims court although most UK businesses would reimburse you anyway. (BUT if you choose to buy from a private or international seller you may not have that option).

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jojo431
Contributor
Contributor

I tried getting a chargeback from Santander who is my credit card provider but they say the same as PayPal i.e. that I need to show proof that I returned the item to Shenzhen Aibili in China. As this will cost me as much as I paid for the Garden Kneeler originally,  that is of no help. As this scam Company well knows when they send out only a fabric tool holder, instead of the complete order, no-one is going to return their part item in order to receive a refund from them!

Login to Me Too

Lensgaga
Contributor
Contributor

Exact same thing I'm haggling with them about....that stupid garden Bag!!!  They want me to return it to China!!  I tried to find out where this product originated and was told California!!!!  Then as soon as I made the transaction here with PayPal, i got a receipt in CHINESE characters!!!!  I am so angry with Paypal who continues to do business with these scammers!!  

I filed an IC3, Internet Crime Complaint form and sent them a copy along with a picture of what I ordered and a picture of what I received.  NO RESPONSE!!!!

Login to Me Too

MC1504
Contributor
Contributor
I didn’t know that I was ordering from China! These scammers clearly are well practiced at this scam and are making huge amounts of money from unsuspecting people. Sadly PayPal are facilitating this scam which is unethical. I have spent hours trying to contact PayPal with no luck. I’m being advised to go to the financial Ombudsman so wondering if anyone has tried that? £27 for a little tool pouch which probably cost 50p to make. It’s a disgrace!
Login to Me Too

Lensgaga
Contributor
Contributor
I found a group on Facebook who helped me get a complete refund shipping included without sending the bag back! Search IC3 form and file with the government. Save a copy as a PDF and send that send to PayPal along with pictures of what you ordered and what you received DONOT send the bag back no matter what PayPal says. If you are on Facebook,search for ‘Victims of **bleep**ou....’. While this is a different company there are hundreds who have been scammed by others. There is a pinned post which details the steps to get your refund. But filing the IC3 form and pictures should do it!do t give up!!
Login to Me Too

Lensgaga
Contributor
Contributor
The company name is ‘s h I tou’ so PayPal beeped it out above.
Login to Me Too

aws37334
Contributor
Contributor

It appears I'm not the only one that is getting the run around from PayPal on the item. I do agree with one post tht is seems that PayPal is supporting this shipper as they keep extending the resolve date on my claim. The following is the last correspondence summitted to PayPal after providing the support PayPal has ask for many times. It's a bigger scam than I even thought of.

Since you can’t seem to put two and two together, I’ll draw you a picture. I ordered and paid for a” Garden Bag Kneeler And Seat - Garden Kneeler And Seat Bag as shown below.
What I received was just the tool pouch as shown below
I filed a claim for not receiving the item I ordered, and your staff changed the claim to “”item not as described””
I did receive the tool pouch in my mailbox in a six inch by nine-inch envelope via the tracking number the shipper supplied, which was NOT the item as ordered.
First off the item ordered would not have been small enough to fit into my mailbox. Second if you check the weight of the shipment received versus the weight of the knee stool you will find it will weigh much more than eight ounces. So there is no way the shipper can claim they shipped the item ordered. The shipper should be able to see the difference if they were above board on the issue.
This claim has been extended and extended and extended without resolving the issue or refunding my monies. I don’t understand the extending of the claim nor do I understand PayPal not doing their Due Diligence to verify the underlying facts around this claim.
This summary is plain and simple and provides PayPal all the information to support my claim. Look at the invoice that was paid via PayPal, research the weight this shipment should have been, research the size the shipment should have been instead of waiting for and not receiving any detail support from the seller

Login to Me Too

PamP2

yes exactly what happened to me PayPal unhelpful

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.