Game of Thrones DVD - purchased a bootleg copy of series 8

DawnUK
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone remember the GOT Starbucks incident?  Series 8 made it into the news when a disposable coffee cup was accidentally left on set, and it was spotted by TV viewers, so HBO apologised, and said it would be digitally removed before the DVD release.  Am i right to be suspicious that the DVD Box Set which I bought from an online DVD shop shows the coffee cup?  I think I may have unwittingly bought a bootleg copy, and I am not happy about it.

I purchased series 8 GOT from an online DVD seller a few weeks ago, from a company which said it was based in Middlesex, England.  Their  website indicated that they had several in stock.  However, the disks hadn’t arrived after a week or so, therefore I contacted the seller and they advised me that my order was being processed.  I became suspicious then, because there were some stray Chinese characters on the bottom of that email.  Eventually the DVDs arrived a couple of weeks later, and I noticed Chinese writing  on the packaging, describing the imported contents as being PC connection hardware.  The disk quality wasn’t very good (my husband said they were obviously illegal copies) but I had no way of knowing whether he was right, until the coffee cup incident.  Do you think this is sufficient for me to alert Paypal to possible malpractice by this seller?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.