Gadget Cheetah - Have Your Bad Transactions with them been Resolved?

sar2456
Contributor
Contributor

Looking for input from anyone who has had a negative experience with Gadget Cheetah. Their most professional website is just perfect, however, it is obviously just a front to lead you into a believable purchase. They do not do business according to the site. They only have their USA address on the site and then state returns must go to Asia. The problems snowballed. After contacting PP for assistance,  Gadget Cheetah plays a pretty good game.  How did you deal with your issue? 

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sar2456

Something about the name is a red flag to me. Gadget Cheetah? As in Cheater? And the site is not that perfect, there's typos. When I saw they have "warehouses in the US and Asia", eerrrrrh, red flag. A Chinese seller posing to have a presence in the US. I don't like these types of sites, they have unsuspecting generic cheesey shifty character about them I'm just not feeling and I can spot it a mile away. I'll stick with "evil" Walmart dot com any day than these guys. Hahahah! I guess in a sense, these types of sites have their purpose to drive your consumer dollars back to them. Sigh! Sorry that you're having issues with GC. Everyone and their grandkids are selling online now and not all of them are legit-ly selling but are vultures. Knowing how the purchase protection and seller protection works "could" help beat them at their game. Now if you are to return the item, you can apply for PayPal Shipping Returns reimbursement. On the other hand, the seller can provide a faulty address or never pick up their return or is undeliverable or something. If you paid with a credit card, file a chargeback.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sar2456
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your input. Returned "item not as described" to seller at specific address (international) as per PP Resolution Center. Also filed for the shipping fee. Seller refused the delivery. PP sent me an email stating it was resolved in the seller's favor! Here goes another hour to two on hold and phone with PP.  Fingers crossed. Yes, Gadget Cheater! haha.    TO BE CONTINUED.

Login to Me Too

cah4
Contributor
Contributor

**bleep** got me too:

This vendor misrepresented the product. I bought what I though was a brandname, Ring doorbell from them, and instead received a no name video doorbell with no original packaging. I've asked Gadget Cheetah for a refund, but have not heard back from them yet, and according to their site, they expect the customer to pay shipping and any customs fees that may be due, which, considering the circumstances, I refuse to do. As you can see from my invoice below, they are purposely misleading consumers by using someone elses brand name, Ring, in their product description. The only reason to use the word Ring in their product listing is so it will show up in google searches as a Ring product and to mislead consumers.

Login to Me Too

sar2456
Contributor
Contributor

Dear cah4 -  Finally received a full refund and the international shipping refunded ($30 of the $32 shipping fee) through PP. It was not without a lot of grief. Numerous calls to PP! Only when PP directed me to return the item (and where) did I find out about filing for return shipping as well from a representative kind enough to mention it. When GC refused the return, UPS contacted me to ask if I'd receive the item back to which I said no. (This would have incurred yet another $32 return (to me) shipping fee. I don't know where the item wound up but eventually PP's decision was in my favor and days later my shipping fee was approved as well. I must say that most of my frustration was with PP. It seemed they didn't really read what I wrote to them. I got the feeling they are either overwhelmed or understaffed. Fortunately, being persistent paid off. Don't give up. Good luck and keep up posted!       

Login to Me Too

cah4
Contributor
Contributor

No, not really.

Paypal originally sent me an email that the resolved in my favor, but that I would have to pay to ship it back internationally. I felt that was really unfair and reached out to Paypal on 1/25 and it was explained after I provided proof of shipping and tracking that I'd get that reimbursed as well (would have been nice if they mentioned that in the email...)  I was out of town and unable to ship it back until 2/4, which I did, but unfortunately according to Paypal it had to be returned prior to 2/4, so they closed the dispute, which meant that the vendor won by default.

I immediately called Paypal, gave them all the info and said it was sent on 2/4. He offered to open up another dispute, but wouldn't take the tracking number. The next day I got an email that my case was still being denied in favor of Gadget Cheetah.

I have found the emails for the executives at Paypal and emailed them twice this week, and they care so little for a long standing customer, that no one has bothered to get back to me. Not only am I out the $56+, now I'm also out the $17+ for international shipping. 

I can't believe Paypal would rather work with a vendor who continually sends fraudulent products to good intentioned customers by doing the ole 'bait and switch'.

Shame on you Paypal and all your executives!

Login to Me Too

Pmcd1206
Same exact thing happened to me. I filed a complaint with PayPal and was refunded full price by PayPal. Gadget Cheetah is classic bait and switch.
Login to Me Too

cah4
Contributor
Contributor

Per my last post, I wrote the corportate officers twice regarding this and finally someone from the executive resolution office got back to me and refunded my purchase and return postage costs.

While I appreciate them doing this, it's sad that I had to resort to tracking down the executives to get any satisfaction.

Login to Me Too

Wnarcisse
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry you went through that. I ordered the same thing from them on Black Friday. Not only did it take months to get my refund from PayPal but now the Brice has gone up on amazon my $80. So I loose both ways. Then I found out if I would have paid for it stieght from my credit card I would have footed my refund immediately once I saw what they shipped.
Login to Me Too

Wnarcisse
Contributor
Contributor
I had to wait for my refund since last year when I filed the complaint with PP. the PP representative role that PayPal is not as powerful as the credit card companies. now I find that if you just use your credit card. You are reimbursed immediately So what do I need PP for?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.