Gadget Cheetah - Have Your Bad Transactions with them been Resolved?

sar2456
Contributor
Contributor

Looking for input from anyone who has had a negative experience with Gadget Cheetah. Their most professional website is just perfect, however, it is obviously just a front to lead you into a believable purchase. They do not do business according to the site. They only have their USA address on the site and then state returns must go to Asia. The problems snowballed. After contacting PP for assistance,  Gadget Cheetah plays a pretty good game.  How did you deal with your issue? 

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

Adderfine
Contributor
Contributor

My husband also ordered a Ring 2 doorbell camera. After 6 weeks, we got a cheap fake. No emails or calls returned. PayPal was no help. I’ve reported them to the BBB, but we are out $94.00.

Login to Me Too

Castiron52
Contributor
Contributor

Gadget 

Reckon they sent my package from the Netherlands on the 15/12/25 still waiting con 10/2/21 still waiting- steer clear con artists. Don't think pay pal are interested either 

Login to Me Too

DavidFsr
Contributor
Contributor

The company only uses an address in portland, oregon so that you will think it is an american business. this is a chinese business selling knock off products but advertising them as name brand. I purchased what they advertised as a ring doorbell 2 and finally after 1.5 months i received a cheap plastic piece of garbage. I finally had to file a complaint with paypal. the company agreed to refund my money , but i would have to pay for return shipping. do you have any idea how much it costs to ship to china. you are never going to get all your money back because the return shipping effectively reduces the amount of your refund. Beware, this is a Chinese company. Do not buy from them!!!

Login to Me Too

sar2456
Contributor
Contributor

Dear DaviFsr

I did get my full product price returned via PayPal and shortly after $30 for return shipping. After GC insisted I pay for shipping to China, I contacted PP to complain. PP advised me to return it to their Canada address instead. It actually cost me $32 but the claims for PP shipping reimbursement will only allow up to $30 which is what I got reimbursed. GC actually refused the return package. I was then contacted by my local UPS that the package was being returned to me. Upon telling them that I refused to pay for any additional shipping, the package was deemed "abandoned" and then was reimbursed for the shipping. Please note, this issue involved many phone calls to PP before it was resolved. It was also time consuming. It was worth it in the end. Don't give up. I'll bet GC is becoming an everyday word over there in PP!

Login to Me Too

DavidFsr
Contributor
Contributor

I shipped product to a canadian address given to me by paypal. once they receive the item i am supposed to get a refund. i applied to paypal for shipping reimbursement. Paypal should ban problem businesses to protect its customers from this type of fraud.

Login to Me Too

duffer48
Contributor
Contributor

I also received a counterfeit Ring Doorbell. Gadget Cheetah refused to do anything, so PayPal got involved. I had to mail it to Canada (my cost), and then PayPal refunded my money. I should not have had to pay to return a counterfeit item. Paypal dropped the ball on this one. DO NOT BUY FROM GADGET CHEETAH, THEY ARE SCAMMERS. THEY EVEN SCAMMED PAYPAL. So I'm out $20, shame on PayPal !!!

Login to Me Too

DavidFsr
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal refunded the money I paid for the fake product and also the return shipping. You have to sign up for PayPal return shipping coverage. They don't advertise it. Call PayPal and ask how to sign up. I sent PayPal a suggestion that they drop gadget cheetah as a client. You should too.
Login to Me Too

sar2456
Contributor
Contributor

dear duffer,

Glad you got your money back! Before anymore time goes by, apply for your shipping reimbursement! They will pay up to $30 if you provide the shipping receipt. Hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

Adderfine
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal found in their favor.  Since our original compliant was that we didn’t receive our order, but then we did receive it, although it wasn’t what they promised, PayPal just addressed the order portion of it and said we got it, so it was resolved.

Gadget Cheetah hasn’t responded to any of our emails. We’ve sent complaints, requests doe refunds, and asked how to return our order, all to dead silence. We also contacted BBB, but so far haven’t had any resolution.

i assume we won’t get our money back, but this site needs to be shut down for fraudulent activity. 

Login to Me Too

sar2456
Contributor
Contributor
Don’t give up! Just open another claim!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.