Gadget Cheetah - Have Your Bad Transactions with them been Resolved?

sar2456
Contributor
Contributor

Looking for input from anyone who has had a negative experience with Gadget Cheetah. Their most professional website is just perfect, however, it is obviously just a front to lead you into a believable purchase. They do not do business according to the site. They only have their USA address on the site and then state returns must go to Asia. The problems snowballed. After contacting PP for assistance,  Gadget Cheetah plays a pretty good game.  How did you deal with your issue? 

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

sar2456
Contributor
Contributor

@Coinshooter wrote:

Well PayPal cam through , They got my money back and shipping , I just had to be more persistent.

Thank you PayPal.

Marty 

Coinshooter - Congratulations on that! It was worth it!

Login to Me Too

Betka001
Contributor
Contributor

I too purchased a "Ring 2 Original" doorbell for $90.  When it finally arrived is was NOT a Ring brand, further it had European plugs and the 'battery' is not any size that I've seen here in the US.  Clearly not as advertised.  I got a return address in Canada, and sent it off.  Weeks later the damn thing was returned to me as 'not claimed'.  Now Pay Pal is refusing my claim, because i did not send proof of return delivery. I'm so frustrated!  What do i do now?  It's literally land-fill.  

Login to Me Too

sar2456
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Betka001,

I would simply open another claim! However, it is really important to save a paper trail when going through things like this. You will need to email PayPal everything you have to back up your claim! Gadget Cheetah has done this to just too many of us. Remind PayPal staff to check their records on this company! Don't give up! If you get frustrated with emailing, after you've made your claim CALL PayPal to clarify what you've told them! If you give up, GC wins. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

sar2456
Contributor
Contributor

@Betka001 wrote:

I too purchased a "Ring 2 Original" doorbell for $90.  When it finally arrived is was NOT a Ring brand, further it had European plugs and the 'battery' is not any size that I've seen here in the US.  Clearly not as advertised.  I got a return address in Canada, and sent it off.  Weeks later the damn thing was returned to me as 'not claimed'.  Now Pay Pal is refusing my claim, because i did not send proof of return delivery. I'm so frustrated!  What do i do now?  It's literally land-fill.  

Dear Betka001 - I would think proof of the item being "not claimed" by recipient would reflect that you sent it. Obviously, a receipt of sent mail would be helpful. In any event, do not give up! File another claim and attach whatever you have to your complaint. This company has done this to just too many of us. I do not understand why PayPal keeps allowing payments to them. After you make another claim, CALL PP to better explain your case and remind them that this company is a problem with the community! Do not give up or else you allow GC to win! Keep a paper trail and notes of everything and don't quit! Good luck. Hoping to hear some good news from you soon! This is not impossible, just terribly inconvenient! You can do this. 🙂

Login to Me Too

DavidFsr
Contributor
Contributor

send it back and provide proof that it was shipped. Escalate to paypal management. Gadgey Cheetah is a fraudulent Chinese company and I make a complaint with several agencies includung paypal. Paypal continues to keep them as a client. Mention to paypal that there are numerous complaints against gadget cheetah.

Login to Me Too

DavidFsr
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal refunded the money i paid for product and also shipping charges. Stay on their **bleep**. Try to stay away from Chinese products. PayPal doesnt care that this company is fraudulent. They apparently are making money from its association with gadget cheetah. I make certain now that anything i order online is not coming from China.
Login to Me Too

DavidFsr
Contributor
Contributor

Did you order something from Gadget Cheetah?

Login to Me Too

Wnarcisse
Contributor
Contributor
These people are horrible, but the worst thing is that PayPal is aware of there practices and are doing nothing to correct it. Mine bag an last year 2018 in November and after waiting for my refund and spending money for the return or the fake item I finally received my refund this year feb 2019
Login to Me Too

MicheleDeR
I made a purchase from this company over a year ago. It was a very inexpensive item(less than $10) and I remember it taking much longer than it was supposed to, and having to email multiple times on the status. I came across the company again in a Facebook ad and out of curiosity looked into them. They have many complaints through the Better Business Bureau. I was unable to find a working website anymore, so they may have shut it down. They do have an active Ebay store, and that may be the best way to contact them. They have a pretty good feedback there, so that would be a good place to put them on blast. You may get results if they are trying to keep that storefront legit.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.