GYMSHARK fake website payment

samuel131
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I tried to access https://uk.gymshark.com/ to make a purchase but instead, through adverts ended up making the purchase on www.gymfitsgo.com. Immediately after making the purchase today (for the value of £81.18), I received a notification from Paypal that the transaction had been made to a chinese account. I've messaged before about the transaction and the case has been closed as it was an authorised transaction. However, when viewing the sites you can see the similarities/direct copies from the official Gymshark website, making it difficult before purchase to realise it was a fraudulent site.

I am requesting that the transaction is cancelled and / or refunded as viewing the transaction details, you can clearly see that this is a fraudulent activity and believe I would be covered under the Buyer and Fraud Protection policy which is advertised to monitor every transaction to prevent fraud. 

Please help 

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Superted07
New Community Member

I’ve had exactly the same issue and Paypal has closed the case I opened. Ridiculous. 

have you heard anymore?

Login to Me Too

samuel131
Contributor
Contributor

We haven't yet, I wasn't able to reopen the message in resolution centre as it was closed and each time I tried to email about the transaction, I received an error. 

Only way I've been able to respond or contact PayPal again is through the complaints. I did speak to the bank but they advise PayPal look into it first, then we would also have to wait for the transaction to come out so the bank could see it and then a further 15 days until action can actually be taken. 

Login to Me Too

Larkono1
Contributor
Contributor

I fell foul of this website too.  I have tried replying to the email confirmation that they sent, but no reply so far.

Login to Me Too

Unicornxx
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. PayPal closed the case as well. How long do you leave it to open another case on non delivery, or non response from the seller? Interestingly gymshark twitter comment says they have got their legal team looking at this site now
Login to Me Too

Unicornxx
Contributor
Contributor
I mailed the fake site minutes after placing the order (after realizing my mistake), asking to cancel the order. 5 days later I have a reply telling me it's too late to cancel as the order now despatched. I've asked from tracking and ETA details. Still not confident I'll receive anything.... Has anyone else got anywhere?
Login to Me Too

Sjy1
New Community Member
I immediately realized that some thing was not correct. I contacted PayPal and they did nothing. I have gotten the runaround from the merchant and now that they know I’m onto them they will not respond. They have over $212 of my money and I received merchandise that isn’t even worth five dollars. It’s all fake and it’s terrible material. I don’t know what to do.
Login to Me Too

Motho
I did exactly the same with email within 24hrs of order. 3 days later Got reply stating too late so refuse package on delivery. Delivery arrived just left on doorstep so couldn't refuse. Goods are totally fake. Constantly emailing with them - have offered me 13 and to kerp goods or I pay for return to China but I can't use certain couriers as it will cost them money
Login to Me Too

Lise161

do not send the merchandise back to China. I paid to end it back but still PayPal closed my dispute. now I'm out of pocket nearly £150

Login to Me Too

Rebeccacross
Contributor
Contributor
Happened to me too. They did reply to me with bad spelling saying they couldn’t find my order number (convenient) I had had a glass of wine when I made the order but it did look like the real gymshark site!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.